Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So far here's what I've gathered

-Pneumonia
-Stress
-"Ledger was taking sleeping pills after completing I'm Not There, in which he played one of the many incarnations of singer Bob Dylan."
-"He told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much'' during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy"."

I just think he over-worked/over-stressed himself, got sick, and was on meds.

My fiancee is really sad about this too.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We lost a great actor who never really had a chance to truly shine.

They will not do any editing or postponing of Dark Knight -- it's almost completed anyhow. Name another movie that an actor dying has shut down the release? BS. You don't spend $100 million on a film only to not release it because someone died regardless of who that person was.

Sympathy will be given, but money rules this world.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's is tragic; so young, so much acting skill, and one of my favorite actors of the current generation. I'm going to be honest, I'm in shock right now. So I probably won't feel the emotions I've supposed to feel for some time.

Sympathy will be given, but money rules this world.
I don't mean any disrespect, but if anything this will increase sales of that film.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's terrible. :'( He was a fine actor who was just starting to come into his own. The loss of a life this young in this manner is a tragedy in my book, famous or not.

I'm a little disappointed to see the discussion of how this will or will not affect TDK.
huh.gif
I would hope this community would have more reverence for a life lost.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well... in a way I think that TDK would have been his masterpiece and you can fell that he putted all his soul in that role... So it's bound to happen to talk of that movie. But yeah, like I said before, it's kind of sad too lose an actor who were entering his prime.

I think that Flooded should see his post delete by respect.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he probably didn't do it on purpose. they found him naked; pretty rare for a suicide.

as far as people making a fuss over it...i just don't get it. why should i care more about this guy being dead than any random person from my neighborhood? don't get me wrong; i'm not without sympathy for him and his family. believe me, i know what it's like to lose someone really important. i guess famous movie stars just don't mean any more to me than the guys who pick up my garbage. probably less.

anyway, my sincerest condolences to his family.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a damn shame really, he was very talented and it sounded like he was gonna be a good director too.

Its always bad to hear about anyone (who isn't evil) dying.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
as far as people making a fuss over it...i just don't get it. why should i care more about this guy being dead than any random person from my neighborhood?

Because he made me cry during Brokeback Mountain.
frown.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too was in shock this morning when I heard it in the news because he was my favorite actor. I don't know if this is right but, somehow, it makes me want to see The Dark Knight even more because I am sure that it will be a great performance. And even if it isn't, we will always have Brokeback Mountain (got so mad when he didn't get the Oscar), Monster's Ball, Ten Things I Hate About You (one of my favorite teen movies), etc...

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My mate told me about his death earlier today. Sad news. I liked his performance in A Knights Tale (I think it was called that).

Shame really.
frown.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is thinking they won't show TDK...jesus Brandon Lee died in the MIDDLE of shooting the crow and they CGed him into the rest of the movie...why would things change now?

And if it was accidental...tragic for him...message it deliveries is your time on this planet may be short...go out and enjoy life while you can cause you really never know when the next day may be your last!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already