Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ozzyzak said:
Mewgia said:
My metal library is too long to list lol. Fuck Metallica after '86 though >_>

I think it's funny that people still bother to make this kind of comment. People have been going on with that tired ass argument for over 10 years now and it's just a little stale.

Where are all the people that should be calling out Slayer for putting out shitty albums since Seasons In The Abyss? Is it OK to suck because they didn't "sell out"? What about the fact that the new Testament album really wasn't all that great, but because we've been waiting since The Gathering for a new full-length, it's totally awesome?

For the record (har har) I'm not some total Metallica butt-buddy, I just think it's time metal got a new scape-goat. Seriously, it's as old as M$, Vista Sucks, and pwned.
Well I just know that there are some Metallica fanboys here, so I just wanted to do a preemptive strike against them.

I personally love some of the post-seasons Slayer albums, especially God Hates Us All (Disciple is an amazing song imo). And things like the recent Testament album being not so great - it's one album, not 6 in a row. Biiiig difference there.

@NeSchn: I know that a lot of black metal is anti-religious, but this album is pretty extreme about it. They end Children of a Worthless God with traditional Arabic singing for christsake.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so no slayer, they use the Anti Religion gimmick to make up for low quality albums.

And for those of you ragging on Metallica, who is arguably the most influencial metal band, you say they sold out. I say they grew and changed sounds. Although I did not enjoy St anger, I loved everything pre Black album and alot of their stuff after it.

Look at the differences in sound in the albums between Kill Em All and the Black Album......changed drastically, does not mean they sold out.

For the Dragonforce haters.....Its Hella fast fantasy gimmick metal. I don't care its a freakin solid headband sound. Who cares about the creative process.....I can bang my head to it, I am good. Its all about that, once you start hating on creativity and what not you are over thinking it...... if you dont like the sound thats cool

Now I may make a few enemies with this next one. Death/Black/Grindcore etc.....Don't belong in the Metal category. Its all based on gimmicks, and I don't care how hard it is to manipulate your voice the vocals ruin alot of amazing music. I feel that these forms of "Metal" are as gimmicky as emo music.

I personally like alot of the classics and stuff from the 80s

The big 3
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Judas Preist

Then theres a ton of others

Motorhead
Sabbath
Dio -THE GOD FATHER OF METAL
Alice Cooper
Motley Crue
Quiet Riot
Manowar
Stratovarius -More prog rock though
Led Zepplin
DragonForce
ACDC
Bon Jovi-Livin on a Prayer FTW
Pantera
Ozzy
Def Leppard
and a ton of other random stuff.

And I stick Led Zepplin into the metal category. Maybe not our current definition but alot of their heavier stuff was the earliest influences on Current day metal.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
@NeSchn: I know that a lot of black metal is anti-religious, but this album is pretty extreme about it. They end Children of a Worthless God with traditional Arabic singing for christsake.
Thats pretty cool, if you also want to listen to a freaky but awesome song, listen to De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas from Mayhem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WeG72pp1KcI&feature=related

He sings like a preacher in some parts and its kinda freaky.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas roughly translates into "Lord Satans Secret Rites/ The secret rites of lord satan"

Whatg makes me sick is that most of the guys in bands that do "Satanist" music aren't even practicing satanism.

People think that satanism is worship of satan as the bible describes him, the evil counter part to god/christ. That isn't correct. Actual Satanists don't worship the christian satan.

Check out the nine satanic statements for a general guide on the doctrines of The Church of Satan.

Satanism has nothing with worshipping evil, or th dark lord and all that crap. Its more of a humanistic set of guidelines, they just happen to clash with christian views on morality and satan is more symbolic than anything.

This painting of the face mutilation darkness bullshit is a big fucking gimmick

So evil satanists are not satanists. They are posers. Because even satanists believe in being kind to those that deserve it.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
M:\Music\36 Crazyfists
M:\Music\A Perfect Circle
M:\Music\A Wilhelm Scream
M:\Music\Alexisonfire
M:\Music\As I Lay Dying
M:\Music\At the Drive-In
M:\Music\Atreyu
M:\Music\Avenged Sevenfold
M:\Music\Between The Buried And Me
M:\Music\Bullet For My Valentine
M:\Music\C-Mon & Kypski
M:\Music\Caliban
M:\Music\Chiodos
M:\Music\Circa Survive
M:\Music\Coheed and Cambria
M:\Music\Converge
M:\Music\Daft Punk
M:\Music\Dance Gavin Dance
M:\Music\Deftones
M:\Music\Drop Dead, Gorgeous
M:\Music\Emery
M:\Music\Enter Shikari
M:\Music\Fear Before the March of Flames
M:\Music\From First To Last
M:\Music\God Forbid
M:\Music\Heavy Heavy Low Low
M:\Music\HORSE The Band
M:\Music\Justice
M:\Music\Killswitch Engage
M:\Music\Lamb of God
M:\Music\Norma Jean
M:\Music\Pantera
M:\Music\Protest the Hero
M:\Music\Refused
M:\Music\Rise Against
M:\Music\Saosin
M:\Music\Scary Kids Scaring Kids
M:\Music\Senses Fail
M:\Music\Sky Eats Airplane
M:\Music\The Blood Brothers
M:\Music\The Devil Wears Prada
M:\Music\The Fall of Troy
M:\Music\The Mars Volta
M:\Music\The Sound of Animals Fighting
M:\Music\The Used
M:\Music\Tiesto
M:\Music\Tool
M:\Music\Trivium
M:\Music\UnderOath

Some is metal, some almost metal, and some completely not metal, I just can't be fucked sorting through it.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
really digging eternal lord's new album right now
smile.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Moots said:
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas roughly translates into "Lord Satans Secret Rites/ The secret rites of lord satan"

Whatg makes me sick is that most of the guys in bands that do "Satanist" music aren't even practicing satanism.

People think that satanism is worship of satan as the bible describes him, the evil counter part to god/christ. That isn't correct. Actual Satanists don't worship the christian satan.

Check out the nine satanic statements for a general guide on the doctrines of The Church of Satan.

Satanism has nothing with worshipping evil, or th dark lord and all that crap. Its more of a humanistic set of guidelines, they just happen to clash with christian views on morality and satan is more symbolic than anything.

So evil satanists are not satanists. They are posers. Because even satanists believe in being kind to those that deserve it.
Yes I do agree with you, I have read that satanism is not worshipping the devil, and black metal is very cheesy with their facepaint.

This is one of the most classic pictures of all time:
photosession_1999_at_the_heart_of_winter_10.jpg

I still like it though.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha yeah i know deicide is satanic
tongue.gif
i was being sarcastic

in 7th grade my friend wore a once upon the cross shirt to school. that got turned inside out pretty quick.

everyone should check out this band

http://www.myspace.com/overcastrocks

i used to go see them every friday at a club in brockton, ma a little south of boston when i was younger
sickest band ever.
most people never heard of em but the members went on to form killswitch engage and shadows fall.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I probably have everything everyone mentioned plus.....

At this point, we have 1052 different bands in our library and nearly 11000 tunes, so.....yeah.
So this thread kicks the MPAA's ass. =]

One band I'd REALLY like to recommend: Outworld. They only have one album out, but i'm in love with the second track "Riders"
The other I'd recommend is Soilwork.

There are a couple other bands, but I can't remember which they are right now.

Btw, how is CoB's new album? I haven't had time to listen to it yet.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
tongue.gif
i was being sarcastic

in 7th grade my friend wore a once upon the cross shirt to school. that got turned inside out pretty quick.
Heh I've considered buying a pentagram necklace and a shirt like that and wearing it to school just to fuck with people
I'd probably get jumped by a bunch of Crusafix-necklace-wearing black kids, but oh well hehe

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hollabackitsobi said:
Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd aren't metal. Why? Because if they were, I wouldn't listen to them.
They might as well be. They were major influences on what Metal is now.

Moots said:

I thought REAL satanism was about aitheism and such, and the word satan was just a coincidence.

QUOTE(theman69 @ Apr 20 2008, 12:12 AM)
sucks.
gtfo this thread.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Bob Loblaw said:
tongue.gif
i was being sarcastic

Heh I've considered buying a pentagram necklace and a shirt like that and wearing it to school just to fuck with people
I'd probably get jumped by a bunch of Crusafix-necklace-wearing black kids, but oh well hehe
I wear my Mayhem shirt at school all the time and I have never gotten told to take it off:
Mayhem-t-shirt-Red-Logo.gif

Sorry the image is so small.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yea im becoming a weeb slowly