Hacking Help backing up and updating emunand

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's about time I update the firmware of my switch's emunand. I'm a little confused about how the whole system works on switch still and had a few questions.

1. Since I use a folder based emunand and not a partition based one can I just make a copy of the folder to back it up?

2. is updating atmosphere just as simple as copying over the contents of the new versions zip to my SD?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So it's about time I update the firmware of my switch's emunand. I'm a little confused about how the whole system works on switch still and had a few questions.

1. Since I use a folder based emunand and not a partition based one can I just make a copy of the folder to back it up?

2. is updating atmosphere just as simple as copying over the contents of the new versions zip to my SD?
1. Yes, but folder based emuNAND is not recommended, it lowers performance and there is an increased risk of corruption (especially with exFAT, exFAT is bad enough when it doesn't corrupt your emuNAND...)
2. You also need to update your sig patches and if you use Hekate fss0 boot method (fusee-secondary) you need to update Hekate as well as SD:\atmosphere\reboot_payload.bin (replace with the latest Hekate payload after updating Atmosphere since Atmosphere overwrites it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?