OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I start up a WiiWare title, all of my controllers power off and de-sync. I have to go back to system menu and sync them again. But this does not happen when I load up a Wii title. I am using USBLoaderGX for Wii and WiiWare titles. I tried loading the Neek 2.0 channel and the same de-sync issue took place, so I don't think this is a USBLoaderGX specific problem. Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can fix it?

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you access your emunand through Neek you're essentially booting up a completely different Wii console, so you must sync your controllers again. There's a file you can copy from your sysnand to your emunand to keep your controllers synced at all times.

This guide mentions those files:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-mod-and-emunand.333219/

basically you need to copy cert.sys file and "shared2" folder from your sysnand (your real nand) to your emunand.

Last edited by tmnr1992,

Mulsiphix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, I read your original unedited response where you gave me some advice and mentioned you would have to update your post later with more specific instructions on account of you currently using your phone and your battery almost being dead. I felt truly honored good sir. I consider that above and beyond. Your love and dedication for this community is unquestionable. As is your kindness towards your fellow man. Thank you!

Concerning this solution, sadly, no change at all. I did exactly as the guide suggested:

Using WiiXplorer...
  • Copy "NAND:\shared2\" folder to "SD:\nands\pl_xx\" folder
  • Copy "NAND:\sys\cert.sys" file to "SD:\nands\pl_xx\sys" folder

Afterwards, the behavior remains unchanged.
  1. When I launch a WiiWare title the lights turn off on all of my controllers.
  2. When I press a button the lights blink for one second and then stop blinking. I must manually power off my Wii as the controllers are operational at that point.
  3. When I power the Wii back on none of the controllers are synced and I must start over.

Last edited by Mulsiphix,

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I read your original unedited response where you gave me some advice and mentioned you would have to update your post later with more specific instructions on account of you currently using your phone and your battery almost being dead. I felt truly honored good sir. I consider that above and beyond. Your love and dedication for this community is unquestionable. As is your kindness towards your fellow man. Thank you!

Concerning this solution, sadly, no change at all. I did exactly as the guide suggested:

Using WiiXplorer...
  • Copy "shared2\" folder from nand to my SD based "nands\pl_xx\" folder
  • Copy "cert.sys" from nand "sys" folder to my SD based "nands\pl_xx\sys" folder

Afterwards, the behavior remains unchanged.
  1. When I launch a WiiWare title the lights turn off on all of my controllers.
  2. When I press a button the lights blink for one second and then stop blinking. I must manually power off my Wii as the controllers are unoperational at that point.
  3. When I power the Wii back on none of the controllers are synced and I must start over.

Maybe the emunand got corrupted, try making another one with modmii, or usb loader gx also has an option to make one from your nand. Install only one or two games and see if it works.

Mulsiphix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the emunand got corrupted, try making another one with modmii, or usb loader gx also has an option to make one from your nand. Install only one or two games and see if it works.

You mentioned that USB Loader GX has a nand of its own. So I followed the previous method outlined in the article, but placed the nand based copied files into the gxemunand folder equivalents instead.
  • Copy "NAND:\shared2\" folder to "SD:\gxemunand\" folder
  • Copy "NAND:\sys\cert.sys" file to "SD:\gxemunand\sys" folder
This fixed my problem! Thank you so much tmnr1992! I've been trying to fix this for almost three weeks now. You are a godsend!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Mulsiphix,

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned that USB Loader GX has a nand of its own. So I followed the instructions from the post you recommended, but placed the nand based copied files into the gxemunand folder equivalents instead. This fixed my problem! Thank you so much tmnr1992! I've been trying to fix this for almost three weeks now. You are a godsend!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Glad I could help.

Mulsiphix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
You mentioned that USB Loader GX has a nand of its own. So I followed the previous method outlined in the article, but placed the nand based copied files into the gxemunand folder equivalents instead.
This fixed my problem! Thank you so much tmnr1992! I've been trying to fix this for almost three weeks now. You are a godsend!!! THANK YOU!!!!

It turns out this solution is not wholly accurate. On a brand new Wii, to get USB Loader GX to keep all four of my Wiimotes synced, I also needed to copy the folder and file mentioned above into the "SD:\nands\pl_xx\" equivalent locations. Only then did the syncing performed at the Wii System Menu carry over to USB Loader GX successfully. So the updated file locations now look like this:
  • Copy "NAND:\shared2\" folder to "SD:\nands\pl_xx\" folder
  • Copy "NAND:\sys\cert.sys" file to "SD:\nands\pl_xx\sys" folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz