Hacking [HELP]Convert Wii PAL to Wii NTSC... Possible?

9th_Sage

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Link to the app on Wiibrew

Just read this through and make absolutely sure of what all the settings are before you do anything. Backing up the NAND is a great idea too, just in case. In theory you can just change the VIDEO setting (shouldn't brick anything), but I'm not sure if all your PAL games would co-operate with that or not (assuming you're just trying to run them straight from the system menu). If they don't, you can probably use GeckoOS to force the NTSC video on the games. Does anyone know if this, coupled with it's rebooter function, would force video to NTSC for Wii Shop purchases?

badz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My sister's Wii is PAL (AUStralia) and she want to use it on a NTSC TV. is there any way possible to convert it to NTSC (US) Version? How?

badz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i'll bannerbomb, install bootmii as boot2, backup NAND, install HBC, then run AnyRegion Changer to change the Video?

Is there any guide (for safety reason) you guys can point it to me (forum links...)

nightshades49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for a newbie question, but will this make the PAL Wii output NTSC signal as well or do we still need a video converter to properly show the picture?

tissemikkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I must say there is a easier way without bricking!!!
biggrin.gif

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6568

Already got 2 games converted! and working perfectly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one