Help for PrBoom 3DS

J2498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello folks, I wanna ask for some help for Doom in 3DS, if you can help that's okay, probably i will give you info that will make you curious
a) the WADs
We know PrBoom only runs Doom 1 and 2, but I notice strange things in the very first level, like there's no switch to the secret and there's like an invisible Cacodemon that obliterates me
Edit: solved, funny story using a deh file
b) the music
The music is not bad, but it is kinda weird, it's like a midi sound or something like that, can I change that with a companion wad or something?
c) Doom 64
I don't know if everyone knows this, but there's a Vanilla Doom 2 recreation of Doom 64 called Doom 64 for Doom 2, and it runs well in PrBoom, but the music doesn't sound at all, any ideas why? Also, there's a companion mod which adds weapons and sounds from the 64 games in said wad, but when asked to run together it failed so bad that it didn't let me run D64D2 for a while and I have no idea how I fixed said thing, anyone knows why?
Thanks in advance, every help is appreciated 👍

Last edited by J2498,

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello folks, I wanna ask for some help for Doom in 3DS, if you can help that's okay, probably i will give you info that will make you curious
a) the WADs
We know PrBoom only runs Doom 1 and 2, but I notice strange things in the very first level, like there's no switch to the secret and there's like an invisible Cacodemon that obliterates me, any idea why? Am I using a bad wad? Does PrBoom runs Ultimate Doom? Maybe I should find that one
b) the music
The music is not bad, but it is kinda weird, it's like a midi sound or something like that, can I change that with a companion wad or something?
c) Doom 64
I don't know if everyone knows this, but there's a Vanilla Doom 2 recreation of Doom 64 called Doom 64 for Doom 2, and it runs well in PrBoom, but the music doesn't sound at all, any ideas why? Also, there's a companion mod which adds weapons and sounds from the 64 games in said wad, but when asked to run together it failed so bad that it didn't let me run D64D2 for a while and I have no idea how I fixed said thing, anyone knows why?
Thanks in advance, every help is appreciated 👍

Hiya - prboom through retroarch works absolutely perfectly: is that the version you are using?

J2498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hiya - prboom through retroarch works absolutely perfectly: is that the version you are using?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it
I'm using PrBoom 3DS by ElHobbs, it runs pretty good except for the thing with the music
Funny story with the WADs, I was including a deh file that was meant for Doom 2 but I had no idea it affected the first one also, so the Invisible Cacodemon thing is solved

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it
I'm using PrBoom 3DS by ElHobbs, it runs pretty good except for the thing with the music
Funny story with the WADs, I was including a deh file that was meant for Doom 2 but I had no idea it affected the first one also, so the Invisible Cacodemon thing is solved
I couldn't get past the incorrect aspect ratio on the elhobbs port that's why I use RA

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, while we're on the subject, are invisible/silhouetted enemies not a "thing" in DOOM 1? Because I notice an occasional invisible Pinky Demon here and there. I also can't seem to get any other WAD to work for DOOM 1 besides the Shareware version.

J2498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I couldn't get past the incorrect aspect ratio on the elhobbs port that's why I use RA
For some reason, I just made it work once and it was veeeeery slow on mi O3DS, didn't understand what went wrong
Post automatically merged:

Well, while we're on the subject, are invisible/silhouetted enemies not a "thing" in DOOM 1? Because I notice an occasional invisible Pinky Demon here and there. I also can't seem to get any other WAD to work for DOOM 1 besides the Shareware version.
Yes they were, but on more advanced maps
By "the shareware" version what do you mean? I don't know much about specific WADs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo