Hacking Help getting USB Loader GX to work with UNEEK+DI / WiiWare / VC games?

D

Deleted_434522

Nope sorry. Wanting to know if you can get artwork for roms inside of the snes and nes emulator. Instead of just having the rom name. I’ll show a screenshot now.

Attachments

• B46EE7A2-399A-4674-B63B-8DAE94CD7717.png
    B46EE7A2-399A-4674-B63B-8DAE94CD7717.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 456

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahhh, it's another homebrew, and it has nothing to do with USBLoaderGX.
I thought it was still an issue in the loader, sorry.

That homebrew does not have a feature to display pictures in the file selection list.
Though, I think there is a modded unofficial version of some "gx" suite emulators with cover feature.

you might have to do some research on the forum, probably in wii>homebrew section.

But, like I said, another solution is to list these ROMs directly inside the USB Loader, with cover pictures!
you need wiiflow, or USBLoaderGX plugin mod (located on first post of the main thread)

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

You mean the post on this current thread? Could you possibly link it to me. Thanks.

D

Deleted_434522

I’m new here wasn’t sure if he meant a different thread or not. But I got the covers to work anyway. Thanks.

Attachments

• C034F9A2-E8A8-4D7E-B27B-16E6AB765756.jpeg
    C034F9A2-E8A8-4D7E-B27B-16E6AB765756.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 395
  • 28B5B788-A1CA-492A-88DA-FC805D41A25B.jpeg
    28B5B788-A1CA-492A-88DA-FC805D41A25B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 415
D

Deleted_434522

Ahk thanks. Well I worked it out now. So now have the artwork and ect for snes9x and the nes and vga emulators.

D

Deleted_434522

quick question, can i put my current sd card into my other wii and everything will work or ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, there's no encryption in the dumped NAND in Wii. It's not using encrypted image on SD, but directly the decrypted files, so it's not tied to a specific console.
All homebrew, backup, savegame, and all data will work, as long as your other console is also softmoded.

Note that :
1)
if you often switch console, you can enable "emuNAND Save" for Wii games, the savegame usually located on the console will be placed on the SD or USB instead.
It might not work for channels installed to NAND, if you want savegame for channels to be located on emuNAND, install the channel to EmuNAND too.

2)
if you use emuNAND, it will keep your emuNAND settings, and the wiimote associated to the new console will not work.
to fix that quickly, before launching anything in emuNAND, use USBGX > Features > copy SYSCONF
that file contain the wiimote sync, it will copy the one from the current console to your emuNAND, allowing you to use the associated wiimotes.

The only encryption you can encounter is for Channels installed to SD card, but using the official SD card menu located on the Wii system menu.
but it doesn't involve any homebrew as it's the official feature.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

My other wii isn’t softmodded. So would I just need to use another sd card and install Homebrew and BootMii from the basic setup. Then can I use my sd card from my other softmod wii I have already. ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use the same SD card to hack the other wii.
Though, if there are data related to your first console (keys, softmod logs) you'd want to keep, then make a backup of your files first or use another SD.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you install the homebrew channel, it creates a log on what it's happening. (the log, or the "look in that file to know what HBC installer did, or error it encountered).
you can also dump the private encryption key of your specific console as "key.bin", but if you already have that file dumped to your SD card, doing it on your second Wii will overwrite your file and you'll lose your (precious?) encryption key.

the encryption key can be used in case of brick, to restore a copy of your full NAND backup, edit it, extract it, etc.

if you don't care about all that and don't follow proper softmod guide which let you do that, then you can just forget what I said.

D

Deleted_434522

Ok so it doesn’t matter if the wii has a different MAC address? So I can just plug in my current softmof sd card and head into the message board and the letter Bomb should be there to install Homebrew ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no,
you didn't mention that you wanted the files from the same SD card to do the softmod process.
I thought you meant that you could use the card for the homebrew, emuNAND, savegames, etc.

if you softmod using the MAC, of course you can't use the same generated file.
you can't even use the same generated file on the SAME console, as it's based on the date too.
you need to generate a new exploitable channel to hack the console.

I said that if you use the same card to softmod/hack, be careful that it will replace existing files !

if you don't understand anything of what you are doing, DON'T !
use ANOTHER card. don't mess with unknown and things you don't understand.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

Ok so pretty much I just have to generate a new hackmii process with the Wii’s MAC address. ?

D

Deleted_434522

Only reason I asked is that my friend wanted his wii hacked and I thought i could just make him a copy of my sd card and he can boot up the letterbomb and install Homebrew and then install all the wads and ect. Is that possibly or would be need another sd card with just the letterbomb on it to install Homebrew and once installed he can use that sd card I copied for him?

D

Deleted_434522

Thanks for the help Cyan. Also is there a quicker way to extract and get the correct format and naming for GameCube games as I’m currently using DMToolbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1