Hacking Help getting USB Loader GX to work with UNEEK+DI / WiiWare / VC games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have any program to suggest.
I'd just recommend that you don't mess with the ISO (don't convert, align, shrink, discex, or whatever).
just use the raw copy, it will rename the filename and folder, that's all.

You can rename manually if you want.
game.iso and disc2.iso

you can put in any sub-folder name you want, it's just quicker for USBLoaderGX if you provide the titleID. if you don't, the loader will open the ISO to extract the ID from it.
the loader will work with all these folder and file names :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-848#post-4628403

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan: Thanks for trying to help. I tried following the guides you posted and doing everything you said (I think), but I'm still stuck in the same place.

I can get Virtual Console games to show up in USB Loader GX, but they will not load. Using the default IOS 249, the Wii reboots, and using IOS 250, it freezes.

I can't use USB Loader GX to boot into the emuNAND / Neek System Menu. It gets stuck on a black screen, and I have to power off the Wii.
I tried dumping my own NAND, and I can load the duplicated News Channel from emuNAND via USB Loader GX... but still not Virtual Console game WADs.

Up until all this UNEEK+DI/neek2o stuff, I've been following the guides on CompleteSoftModGuide. Are they outdated or something?

Again, Wii and Gamecube games work fine via USB Loader GX. I just can't get Virtual Console games to work, after many hours of trying.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Should I just restart from scratch? I need a "For Dummies" guide, apparently...

Here's a SysCheck log.

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 07.14.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: XXXXXXXX
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 63 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 11/10/2017.

Thanks again for any assistance. I'm sorry if I've overlooked something obvious or simple.

...This might be easier if ModMii would just work correctly, instead of failing because PostLoader is missing / unavailable.
I wonder if the people behind ModMii even know about that issue?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, the issue is completesoftmodGuide :(
I still don't understand why it's not updated, that guide is wrong and bad. I mentionned it many times here. All I do here is fix people's console after following that guide u___u
that's like the WiiU.guide website, everybody think it's good and popular because it's easy, it's only popular at making things worse.

d2x r53 doesn't work with emuNAND !

either reinstall your slot249 with d2x r52, of even better, stop using that slot.
the base57 has a better compatibility with games than base56, so using slot250 is preferred. (for all games, Wii and emuNAND)

so, now the freeze issue when using 250 :
did you try more than one game? because some games don't work on emuNAND.

have you ever hide your HDD with Ustealth ? the guide might tell you to do it, but it's useful only on WiiU, and it's the cause emuNAND doesn't work too !
the guide tell things which breaks compatibility.

Do you have more than one HDD connected?

Last edited by Cyan,

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either reinstall your slot249 with d2x r52, of even better, stop using that slot.
the base57 has a better compatibility with games than base56, so using slot250 is preferred. (for all games, Wii and emuNAND)
So I just switch everything that uses IOS 249 over to IOS 250, and leave IOS 249 as-is? That's what I just did.

I swapped the preconfigured NAND from that other forum back in, instead of the NAND I dumped, and I swapped "Loader's IOS" and "Game's IOS" in USB Loader GX from IOS 249 to IOS 250, and now most games load.

I set "Return To" to "USB Loader GX", so exiting a Virtual Console game to the "Wii Menu" returns to USB Loader GX.
However, "Reset" such a title makes the Wii hang on a black screen...

In "Custom Paths", "Nand Emu Path" and "Nand Emu Channel Path" are both set to "usb1:/nands/pln2o".

Global (?) "Nand Chan. Emulation" is set to "Full".

so, now the freeze issue when using 250 :
did you try more than one game? because some games don't work on emuNAND.
Which titles work and which do not, currently...

Works:

F-Zero X
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 Multiplayer
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest

Gets stuck at "You will need the Classic Controller" black screen:

Mario Tennis
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros.

Gets stuck on a black screen:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (changed emu setting from "Full" to "Neek", didn't work; hangs on black screen)

The following were included in the preconfigured setup from the other forum:

Neek2o ("Back 2 NAND") - Black screen, Wii must be powered off.
Postloader - Black screen, Wii must be powered off.
WiiFlow - Fails to load and reboots back to USB Loader GX)

USB Loader GX: "Features" -> "Boot Neek System Menu" does not work. Black screen, Wii must be powered off.

I'm guessing Neek2o is not installed correctly?

have you ever hide your HDD with Ustealth ? the guide might tell you to do it, but it's useful only on WiiU, and it's the cause emuNAND doesn't work too !
the guide tell things which breaks compatibility.

Do you have more than one HDD connected?
No and no. I've never used UStealth, since it's unnecessary for Wii, and there's only one 1TB Western Digital External Hard Drive attached via a Y Cable.

Last edited by Smash Br0,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know which "from other forum" setup you mean.
you are saying that you just took a randomly, already setup NAND copy, and used it hoping it will work?
why not create your own dump with your own settings ?

Also, the neek2o (back 2 NAND) channel and homebrew are not meant to be launched from inside USBLoaderGX.
that's normal you get black screen, that's not how you launch them.

The fact you have some games working with emuNAND prove that your setup is not the issue (or no game at all would launch).
so, it's a setting problem, or game located on emuNAND problem (like wrong region, etc.)

Neek2o files should be present, or the loader would warn you that you didn't install them.
but something is clearly wrong if it black screen :/

Why not just delete everything (emuNAND and neek files) and start with your OWN files instead of using a random dump and files?

D

Deleted_434522

Hey Cyan is there a way I can run everything I have on my sd card from my hdd? Could I just copy and paste all folders and ect and everything would work without the sd card in the wii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use only one HDD, yes.
Just copy all your SD to USB, and set back all path properly in the loader's settings.

You can even put the homebrew (/apps/ folder etc.) on USB and set HBC to read the USB content instead of SD card.

If you use multiple HDD plugged at the same time, DON'T !
it will corrupt your HDDs.

it might be a little harder to make the USB compatible, based on the partition format and HDD physical sector size.

The only difference is :
If you use Ustealth HDD (hidden to prevent format message on WiiU), Sneek/neek2o will not work.
EmuNAND cIOS will work only if you install a modded version of d2x cIOS v10 r52 compatible with Ustealth drives.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

Ok I’ll look into it. So I can still put my Wii and GC games on the HDD in their correct folders also ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, one single HDD with :
- The Wii homebrew in /apps/ folder
- the wii games in /wbfs/ folder
- the gamecube games in /games/ folder
- Uneek folder /sneek/ (it's called "uneek" as it's neek on Usb, but the folder is still named "sneek")
- any other folder you need (Nand/ for emuNAND, Snes for emulators, etc.)

If you ever use that HDD for WiiU at the same time too (unstable, not recommended) :
- the WiiU homebrew in /wiiu/apps/
- the wiiU games into /games/ folder. actually, that might conflict with gamecube games :(
- the redirected WiiU filesystem in /etc/
use Mocha beta to mount the /etc/ folder on FAT32 as if it was a real formated WiiU HDD,

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

So I entered the correct MAC address and ver. And when I open up the letterbomb it just freezes on this screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
D

Deleted_434522

hi cyan is there a way to install a splahscreen video for the boot up screen when turning on the wii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a picture, I think it's possible, but not a video.

but you can trick :
replace the picture to something (unicolor, black?), set priiloader to autoboot a homebrew which plays a video, which then reload to system menu or another titleID ?
the video could be something else than a real media stream (avi, mkv, etc.) as it won't play well and would require a lot of console's resources (like loading WiiMC with autoplay).
But it can be a short procedural animated video done in homebrew :) (yeah, you need to code one, I would love a contest to make demoscene animations)

another idea is to use the homebrew channel's banner player as base, and create animated banners to share.
people can create banners from scratch. it's not a procedural but a scripted video.

for theme creation/edition you can ask Diddy

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

Ok thanks. Sorry for the late reply. Also I have another question. Do all wbfs file games work ? As I recently got a huge wii game collection ntsc games and I’ve noticed that some games don’t work. Is that normal? I though all wii games work and ect. Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all "wbfs" work.
the format is not an issue by itself (I mean, there's no game requiring .iso instead of .wbfs)

But not all games are working.
some games have anti piracy protection
some games work only with strict and specific settings
some games work only in the same region than the console
one game will never work (MMORPG, requiring external official wii encrypted HDD with monthly paid subscription)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest X doesn't need to "work" anyway. It already has its own built-in USB Loader and even it's own channel. :)

I'm surprised it's still online, actually.

Harunoki

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
About the "neek2o rev96 not installed properly" I found that ModMii wasn't able to download unRar.exe so it couldn't decompress SNEEKInstallerv0.7a-cred which is on the temp folder, so I searched for the file and manually extracted in the folder, then it worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: