Hardware Help! I need a Wii u on a $400 budget

John Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I need help finding deals for games, accessories and the console.
I need the following:
Wii U
Smash bros 4
Pro controller u (need 2 but 1 is fine)
Wii remote
Nunchuk

I've been searching for hours but the costs are way to high and I had to increase my budget from 300 to 400. I need the remote and nunchuk to use the virtual Wii, I need at least one game and it has to be smash bros 4 and I need a pro controller u to play that game so pretty much everything is nessecary. I live in Canada btw.

BlastPhantomXV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need help finding deals for games, accessories and the console.
I need the following:
Wii U
Smash bros 4
Pro controller u (need 2 but 1 is fine)
Wii remote
Nunchuk

I've been searching for hours but the costs are way to high and I had to increase my budget from 300 to 400. I need the remote and nunchuk to use the virtual Wii, I need at least one game and it has to be smash bros 4 and I need a pro controller u to play that game so pretty much everything is nessecary. I live in Canada btw.
I'll help you out, You live in Canada? Alright. First off, you can buy a Refurbished, 32GB, with Nintendo Land for 200$ From Nintendo.

You could get a Wii remote and nun chuck really cheap since they are old. And a Pro Controller, It depends on if you don't mind buying a 3rd Party one.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

John Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had bad experiences with 3rd party controllers so I can't. And can you send me a link for cheap wii remotes and nunchuks?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
$265 - Limited Edition Zelda Wii U Deluxe + Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD + Nintendo Land - REFURBISHED - From Nintendo
$31 - Wii Motion Plus + Nunchuk - From Nintendo
$50 - Wii U Pro Controller - From Nintendo
$58.43 - $59.99 - Super Smash Bros U - From Amazon

Total: $404.43 CAD

If you shop around a little, you can get the Wii remote + nunchuck cheaper, especially if you don't need Motion Plus. The system you will be hard pressed to find a better value for, and otherwise the Pro Controller and game are probably going to be hard to find much cheaper than that. If you don't care about LoZ: Wind Waker, you can cut $30 off the price by going with the Nintendoland bundle.

I found this all with a relatively quick search and I hardly made it a point to check every online shop, but if you go with the $235 bundle, that gets you down to $374.43 CAD. Granted, I don't know what shipping costs from Nintendo might be like, but I don't imagine they'd push the total over $400. If you don't mind going used and you can get the remote + nunchuck cheaper, you may be able to even get the two Pro controllers while keeping it under $400.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda hope this isn't possible. It cost me around $600 USD to get a Wii U, Smash Bros 4, GC Controller + Adapter, Wii U Pro, Wiimote and Virtual Console Pro controller. Don't want to find out I blew an extra $200.

But seriously, good luck. I purchased everything through Amazon, sometimes when they have rare stuff online, it goes for a high price. The Smash Bros 4 bundle with the controller and adapter, cost $200. I think in retail, it sold for only $100.

Going back to Amazon, it keeps history of orders.

Wii U 32GB bundle with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land -
$294.52

The SSB4 Bundle -
$209.95

Wii U Pro - $49

Wii Remote with MotionPlus - $34.50. I have a Nunchuk from a previous purchase.

The first two were bought together, but the next couple days, I bought the latter 2, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, SSB on 3DS, and Pokemon Platinum. But excluding those, the total cos was $587.97, and of course add some shipping, around $600. No used.

BlastPhantomXV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$265 - Limited Edition Zelda Wii U Deluxe + Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD + Nintendo Land - REFURBISHED - From Nintendo
$31 - Wii Motion Plus + Nunchuk - From Nintendo
$50 - Wii U Pro Controller - From Nintendo
$58.43 - $59.99 - Super Smash Bros U - From Amazon

Total: $404.43 CAD

If you shop around a little, you can get the Wii remote + nunchuck cheaper, especially if you don't need Motion Plus. The system you will be hard pressed to find a better value for, and otherwise the Pro Controller and game are probably going to be hard to find much cheaper than that. If you don't care about LoZ: Wind Waker, you can cut $30 off the price by going with the Nintendoland bundle.

I found this all with a relatively quick search and I hardly made it a point to check every online shop, but if you go with the $235 bundle, that gets you down to $374.43 CAD. Granted, I don't know what shipping costs from Nintendo might be like, but I don't imagine they'd push the total over $400. If you don't mind going used and you can get the remote + nunchuck cheaper, you may be able to even get the two Pro controllers while keeping it under $400.
Good Finds.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had bad experiences with 3rd party controllers so I can't. And can you send me a link for cheap wii remotes and nunchuks?

What happened to your wiimote and nunchuk from your Wii? What did you play Brawl on? No one just suddenly becomes a Nintendo fan. You also don't need a pro controller to play Smash. When I play Smash, I use the gamepad. It works. Save $50, don't get a pro, there are zero games that need a pro.

John Brown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found this deal for $500:
-Wii U console, gamepad, ac adapter, sensor bar, game pad cradle, game pad stand, console stand
-Wii U pro controller
-2 Wii Remotes with 1 nunchuk
-4 gamecube controllers (1 of them is the smash bros gamecube controller, all official)
-gamecube adapter
-Mario Kart 8
-Super Smash Bros 4
-Brawl
Skylander with 7 figurines
- Wii U party
-Black ops 2
-Super smash bros soundtrack
-Super Smash bros bundle

Is it worth it?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want all of that, sure, it's a good deal. Honestly, it's a little bit suspiciously good, but hey, if someone is legit selling for that price, it's a good buy.

If you want something closer to your original price and desires, I'd refer to my post and consider that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...