Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi ,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with my old joy cons (5 years old): At some point they stop indicating the connection light (although paired, the light stays off).
The second issue occurs when pairing them horizontally. The "SL and SR" buttons don't work together so it's impossible to get them connected. If I try two faulty joy cons vertically with the "ZL and ZR" buttons, they work.

Is there a workaround or a homebrew to force connect joy cons horizontally? Thanks in advance.

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with my old joy cons (5 years old): At some point they stop indicating the connection light (although paired, the light stays off).
The second issue occurs when pairing them horizontally. The "SL and SR" buttons don't work together so it's impossible to get them connected. If I try two faulty joy cons vertically with the "ZL and ZR" buttons, they work.

Is there a workaround or a homebrew to force connect joy cons horizontally? Thanks in advance.
These are probably dead, that flex cable is it´s whole life bent the way it should not be bent so in some time it will crack if you accidentally drop it or disassembly it for a Stick replacement. The SL,SR and the LED lights are on the same flex.
2-3$ for a pair

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by Blavla,
Reactions: Zumoly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1