ROM Hack {HELP} Layeredfs .wem SoR4 music replacement.

Thorhax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, I'm new to making LayeredFS mods, but not new to using them.

I took an mp3 from Streets of rage remake, I used "sound editor 2018" to convert it to .wem, I put it into the correct folder in atmosphere. It was supposed to replace the intro music, but when I start up the game there is no music for the intro. I converted the .wem file back to .wav so I could test that I actually converted it correctly, the .wav plays fine in windows.

Unsure why this didn't work. Could it possibly have to do with the .wem encoding or bitrate not matching what was used in the SoR4 default music?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More like .wem header issue
Wwise has many different iterations and they are tweaking some things to header and end of file. On your place I would try to extract from SR4 wav sound, convert it to .wem with your tool and compare differences between files to make adjustments with Hex Editor

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More like .wem header issue
Wwise has many different iterations and they are tweaking some things to header and end of file. On your place I would try to extract from SR4 wav sound, convert it to .wem with your tool and compare differences between files to make adjustments with Hex Editor

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.
but, what do you mean by make adjustments with a hex editor? I only used a hex editor a couple times in my life, but in this case I'm unsure what would need to be changed.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.
but, what do you mean by make adjustments with a hex editor? I only used a hex editor a couple times in my life, but in this case I'm unsure what would need to be changed.
Well, this is what you need to check. By making file using the same sound file with your tool you will have 2 The same audio files with different headers and ends. Then you compare them, research what they may be and apply the same changes to your new sound you want to replace (ofc with tweaks, because each sound file is different)

Thorhax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the hex on the header and footer are very different. Honestly not sure if there even is a footer, mostly 00 00 00 00 00

I started noticing that when I boot up SoR4 in game, that the first note of the inserted .wem file will play, but. I can go back and forth to the same part of the game, and its always the same.

Thorhax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I concede to defeat on this one.
I got the idea today to try and swap a file from a different stage into stage1, so I took out the .wem file from the nsp dump, renamed it, put it into the romfs/generatedsoundbanks/switch folder, and low and behold it's the same thing, the music just doesn't play, all other soundfx are fine.

Just no clue on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7