Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sure you did

between "RAM" and "an"
wink.gif

@kellyan95: I probably don't need a 600w PSU now but I will eventually I don't want to have to upgrade it in the near future. Unless I can get a good 500w for $50 or something
unsure.gif

And how much would it cost for one of the graphics card that coolbho3000 referred to that will play games on a higher res without as much lag (as far as I understood his message)?

Mewgia

drifter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gaaaaaaaah

Then should I wait and buy the $200 9000 series?
unsure.gif
or should I just stick with the HannsG and the GFX card I was originally going to get for a while?

see this is why I asked for help >_> I can never make up my mind.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a Pentium D

QUOTEthe E2160 is essentially a Core 2 Duo with less L2 cache than usual, so there's no need to worry about the Pentium name's Netburst-plagued pedigree.

It would be hard to find a better deal, that dell you linked seems to lack a video card.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it doesn't hurt to wait a month for benchmarks. Also, that CPU is a little weak. It would bottleneck a 9000 series

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 9000 series comes out next month, will cost $200-$500. The series after that is a long ways off

geez already?

well it is almost a year since the 8 series debuted, but i doubt the mainstream cards would be coming out first.

no 200 dollar cards for you (mew) next month maybe early to mid 2008

usually the top dogs come out first.

Mewgia

drifter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fuck it, I think I'm going to go with that Hanns G monitor and GFX card that Kellyan95 recommended a while ago if the higher-res one coolbho recommended won't play my games well at that resolution.

I'll get a monitor like that when I can afford a good 9-series graphics card.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, as I said the better monitor is futureproof. Two years later, when you upgrade to a Geforce 10 or something like that, you'll find the monitor I posted much more useful.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the display industry is really moving now. OLED, SED, ect screens are much better than LCD in theory, and are coming to the market

Mewgia

drifter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the display industry is really moving now. OLED, SED, ect screens are much better than LCD in theory, and are coming to the market
That's what I'm thinking, so I'm just going to buy the ones that are current now and upgrade later when new stuf is out and I have more money to burn (a job)

Mewgia

drifter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably.

But I'm still considering spending the money for my G15 on getting a DX10 graphics card instead of the DX9 one...that way I'll be able to hold out on upgrading a tad longer.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The X-Fi is really for audiophiles... I have Realtek HD (onboard) sound and it sounds great.

You play WoW right? Try increasing the audio channels to max and turning EAX (or hardware acceleration or whatever it's called) on.
Ok I did, it sounds almost the same but I hear some new sound effects. Whats your point?
They fixed it in the recent patches :/

Before that, if you had an onboard Azalia (Realtek HD) sound card, you would either get no sound at all or crashes with the channels up and hardware effects (EAX) on (sounded just fine with it off though). Other sound cards had no such problems. Since they've fixed it now, I guess it wasn't the onboard sound's fault (well not entirely at least).

For the most part, you're right, onboard sound is perfectly fine. If you are heavily into gaming though, there are instances where something a bit better could serve you well. In Battlefield (2 and 2142) for instance, if there's lots of explosions all at once, the distortion is quite jarring with onboard sound (not to mention you don't get as many sound channels).

The bottom line is, if you have good quality speakers, game or listen to lossless music a lot, and want to do a bit of future-proofing, get an X-Fi or something, otherwise onboard is perfectly ok.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I have some of these: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers...es/231&cl=us,en
so I want a sound card that can match (still got onboard currently)
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I like it when people stare at my rack