Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Hi,

I got a hard choice, i bought a PS3 (yeap great work there
wacko.gif
lol ) but the problem is i think i should of bought a Mac Mini (no not from McDonalds
biggrin.gif
) as i only use my PS3 for linux's multimedia & emulators, thing is though should i stick with the PS3 or get Mac Mini (1.83ghz Core2-Duo model).

I thought the PS3 linux would be good for Multimedia & emu's but its not all that great imo. Mac Mini i can do the same thing but with more dedicated & non locked out hardware, only thing i will be out of is playing ps3 games in future / or an extra 150$ to buy the Mac Mini.

Entainment wise, i got 2 Xbox360's, 2 NDS-Lites with R4's, an original xbox (xbmc) & 2 Windows Xp PC's. I bought the 2nd's of stuff to give to my girlfriend who lives with me.

Thing is i cant figure out which i want more? help!!!

Mac Mini people out there (or mac heads in general) how is the performance like on the Mac Mini has it got grunt for the stuff i do, most games i play on computers are classic's or source port/improvements of old games etc & my emulators. Maybe the Mac Mini will be good to get rid of the xbox1 & use Mac Mini as its replacement?

I need some fast reply's if possible
smile.gif

Thanks all.
grog.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I Just dont know, i've got the PS3 sitting here (1 game btw Resistence lol) on the desk but yet the mac mini has got my eye instead now. I have linux installed already (have tryed Ubuntu 7.04 & 7.10, Xbuntu, Yellow Dog) but its slow. :/

I dont get why either its just when your mind tells you & you just got have it kinda thing, i one hand i want it (the PS3) & in another i dont, so confused.

My ps3 is a 40gb model (ie. no ps2 playback only ps1/ps3) btw.

I know i got fifty thousand things to do the same thing on, i got a short attension span sometimes lol.

Building my own computer on the other hand, im just outta that now i used to be a few years ago but now meh. My PC is an AMD64 2.21ghz 512GB Ram, 200GB & a crappy Gforce 5200FX if memory services me correct its a 128MB model. Just a basic pc really, does what i need.

Man this is hard to think
wacko.gif
unsure.gif
cry.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
a mac mini

ewwwwwwww

Go away.

I second this. Mewgia your sig you have a few spelling mistakes :S TC get a PS3. You can play games and if you need basic computing needs you can install linux on it.
No shit dude, I put those in on purpose. As long as you are referring to "noice" and the like.

Didn't have to be so rude. Geez what the fuck is your problem?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well a Mac Mini is pretty good for entertainment purposes, with Front Row and all that. Even adding an Apple TV is great, you'll be able to stream from anywhere in the house. As for gaming, they are not the best for the newer games but as you say you'd play emulated games and classics, they would work. And you can dual-boot windows, so any Windows-only emus can be used as well.

smile.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Added more to this post.
smile.gif

I Just dont know, i've got the PS3 sitting here (1 game btw Resistence lol) on the desk but yet the mac mini has got my eye instead now. I have linux installed already (have tryed Ubuntu 7.04 & 7.10, Xbuntu, Yellow Dog) but its slow. :/

I dont get why either its just when your mind tells you & you just got have it kinda thing, i one hand i want it (the PS3) & in another i dont, so confused.

My ps3 is a 40gb model (ie. no ps2 playback only ps1/ps3) btw.

I know i got fifty thousand things to do the same thing on, i got a short attension span sometimes lol.

Building my own computer on the other hand, im just outta that now i used to be a few years ago but now meh. My PC is an AMD64 2.21ghz 512GB Ram, 200GB & a crappy Gforce 5200FX if memory services me correct its a 128MB model. Just a basic pc really, does what i need.

Man this is hard to thinkÂ
wacko.gif
Â
unsure.gif
Â
cry.gif

Im going crazy thinking is all i can say, i looked at a few vids of mini mac on youtube, looks pretty good. Hmm :'(

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Well a Mac Mini is pretty good for entertainment purposes, with Front Row and all that. Even adding an Apple TV is great, you'll be able to stream from anywhere in the house. As for gaming, they are not the best for the newer games but as you say you'd play emulated games and classics, they would work. And you can dual-boot windows, so any Windows-only emus can be used as well.

smile.gif

Thank you, this is what i like to hear, pro's & con's about my two children umm i mean choices.
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

smile.gif

Thank you, this is what i like to hear, pro's & con's about my two children umm i mean choices.
smile.gif

But think about it do you really need a new computer at this time? If you do get a Mac Mini, if you don't get a PS3.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

smile.gif

smile.gif

But think about it do you really need a new computer at this time? If you do get a Mac Mini, if you don't get a PS3.

Yes, but like he said he only uses his PS3 for multimedia and emus. You can get a Mac Mini, and if you really want it, a seperate blu-ray reader. Of course, it will cost a couple because of the Blu-Ray reader, but with the pure quality of a good monitor + blu-ray movies it is worth it, lol.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You've got a PC - there are plenty of emulators on PC that emulate older game systems (much more than Macs).
And you can always run MacOS X on Windows - just buy MacOS X and install it to your PC (Google Virtual PC)
wink.gif

You, my friend, need to be a better stuard of your money
wink.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You've got a PC - there are plenty of emulators on PC that emulate older game systems (much more than Macs).
And you can always run MacOS X on Windows - just buy MacOS X and install it to your PC (Google Virtual PC)
wink.gif

You, my friend, need to be a better stuard of your money
wink.gif

Lol VirtualPC is from microsoft and doesn't support OS X. There is no legal way to install OS X on a PC. You can always run windows programs on macs, you can't vice versa.

QUOTEYes, but like he said he only uses his PS3 for multimedia and emus. You can get a Mac Mini, and if you really want it, a seperate blu-ray reader. Of course, it will cost a couple because of the Blu-Ray reader, but with the pure quality of a good monitor + blu-ray movies it is worth it, lol.

He should buy games and a PC Monitor then. He'll be able to play in HD, Watch HD movies, and have a monitor for his PC. Mac Minis are cool but right now I still say he should see if he really needs the mac mini. If he doesn't stay with the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious