Misc [HELP] N3DS won't start or when you start it freezes

Xandernad1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning. Forgive my English but I write through a translator. In these days of lock down for covid I decided to resume playing at the 3ds (after almost 1 year of not use). Unfortunately though when I went to turn it on it didn't work. Thinking this was due to the fact that it was exhaust I put it attached to the power supply and tried again. A fixed red light was lit but the screens remained black. So I waited a while, leaving him in charge. Now the light turns blue and the screens remain black. Trying and trying again I was able occasionally to start the device, but, sometimes immediately and sometimes after a few minutes, it "freeza" that is, it freezes not allowing you to do anything, it remains the screen locked and for turn off I have to keep the power button pushed for 15 seconds. Once I was able to start a game but only for a few minutes before it froze again. But often the device don't start... The device is original unmodified (I have a sky 3ds card) I tried To remove and put the battery back, to replace the SD with a new format, all without solving...
Can someone help me? What can I do? What could be the problem

Xandernad1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I saw on the internet that someone recommended turning off wifi. In one of the moments when I managed to turn it on I deactivated it but the problem did not resolve... I also read that Nintendo itself recommends an update in case of freeze but it is a stupid advice because if it freeze during the upgrade I can also throw the console directly in the trash. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do???

Xandernad1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[QUOTE="TurdPooCharger, post: 9010019, member: 439233".[/QUOTE]

Very grateful for your answer. But I tried to do what it wrote in the discussion that you linked to me but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't even go to recovery.
However, I saw yesterday and this morning too that by sticking the DS to the charger and leaving it alone for about ten minutes, when I try to turn it on it works for 4 or 5 minutes before freezing. Then I have to hold down 15s the power button to turn it off and then if I try to turn it back on or it turns on and freezes right away or the screen remains black and only the blue light turns on..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very grateful for your answer. But I tried to do what it wrote in the discussion that you linked to me but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't even go to recovery.
However, I saw yesterday and this morning too that by sticking the DS to the charger and leaving it alone for about ten minutes, when I try to turn it on it works for 4 or 5 minutes before freezing. Then I have to hold down 15s the power button to turn it off and then if I try to turn it back on or it turns on and freezes right away or the screen remains black and only the blue light turns on..
IT sounds like your n3DS have this kind of semi-softbrick.
A stock 3DS (that has no custom firmware) can still softbrick like the above example.

Xandernad1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's something that I can do??
It's really weird. The last time I used it worked well. Then I didn't use it for a long time and now it's not... How could it have been soft brick? But is it possible that it is a battery voltage problem?? Because just the fact that after sticking it a little on tap I can start it and play it 5m before it freeza, immediately after not. I can do more and I have to wait a little longer... I could try to buy a replacement battery, it's just a little bit on Amazon..
As long as it is not a dissipation problem (so a heating that leads to the freeze. Hypothesis that explains the fact that it works left in rest a few minutes but that does not explain the initial non-operation, withdrawn out of the box) or even motherboard and in that case I really do not know that we do it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's something that I can do??
It's really weird. The last time I used it worked well. Then I didn't use it for a long time and now it's not... How could it have been soft brick? But is it possible that it is a battery voltage problem?? Because just the fact that after sticking it a little on tap I can start it and play it 5m before it freeza, immediately after not. I can do more and I have to wait a little longer... I could try to buy a replacement battery, it's just a little bit on Amazon..
As long as it is not a dissipation problem (so a heating that leads to the freeze. Hypothesis that explains the fact that it works left in rest a few minutes but that does not explain the initial non-operation, withdrawn out of the box) or even motherboard and in that case I really do not know that we do it
Install custom firmware on the n3DS.
Read these two examples where HOME Menu kept crashing despite repairing the 3DS firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.
They fixed theirs with the Debugging "gamecoin"-type brick method, which can't be done unless you have custom firmware and GodMode9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU