Help needed 208 in 1 Ace3DS Plus

Raikiu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few days back I bought a 208 in 1 on amazon game cartridge for my Dsi after playing it a few days all the games disappeared. The menu loads up fine but the folders dont seem to appear until I take out the game. It shows all the folders but I cannot access them. Its not a time bomb (i dont think it is) cause I have my Dsi set to 2020. Please help! My Dsi is running v 1.4.5U

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Ah, if it's what I think it is that commonly happens when the SD card starts dying on those. If you're using the SD card it came with, those are absolutely garbage SD cards that tend to die in a matter of weeks.

I'd recommend getting a new SD card if that's the case and switching to that. Try to save your games and saves and such now if the card is still working enough to do that, then you can get a new copy of the kernel from the flashcard archive.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
With one of those 208-in-1 carts it's probably a fake, they never come with real name brand cards unless maybe if you got it used from someone who replaced it already. Could try testing with h2wtest/f3 if you want to check it.

Max size is 2 TB, though practical size is 8-32 GB, maybe 128 GB if you want an absurd amount of space.

Raikiu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With one of those 208-in-1 carts it's probably a fake, they never come with real name brand cards unless maybe if you got it used from someone who replaced it already. Could try testing with h2wtest/f3 if you want to check it.

Max size is 2 TB, though practical size is 8-32 GB, maybe 128 GB if you want an absurd amount of space.
Do you know any r4 cards that are good?

Raikiu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you've got is already the recommended cart currently, an Ace3DS+ clone, it's just the "208-in-1" branded ones (and anything else that comes with an SD card) usually comes with a really trashy SD card so you want to replace that.
I think im just going to reinstall the Ace3ds+ firmware so I can do custom skins so im going to replace the Micro Sd Card and and the r4 card

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I think im just going to reinstall the Ace3ds+ firmware so I can do custom skins so im going to replace the Micro Sd Card and and the r4 card
There's no reason to replace the R4, chances are the R4 is perfectly fine. Just get a new SD from a trustworthy brand and store and use the kernel I linked above. If it continues to have issues it could maybe be R4, but these ones tend to be fairly reliable, just come with bad SD cards.

Raikiu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to replace the R4, chances are the R4 is perfectly fine. Just get a new SD from a trustworthy brand and store and use the kernel I linked above. If it continues to have issues it could maybe be R4, but these ones tend to be fairly reliable, just come with bad SD cards.
Oh Oh thanks

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
test the sd card on a computer... maybe it just got scrambled somehow. I'd try to take what I can off of it and reformat as FAT32 with the office "SD card formatter" app. Then just the approriate software on there and see what happens.

Raikiu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test the sd card on a computer... maybe it just got scrambled somehow. I'd try to take what I can off of it and reformat as FAT32 with the office "SD card formatter" app. Then just the approriate software on there and see what happens.
It was my Dsi Cartridge so im just going to home brew it

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
even if you homebrew your dsi (which i completely recommend), you'll want a classic kernel of some kind to boot into ds mode. compatibility is higher than with twilight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny