Hacking Help on recovery

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'd like to get some help to repair my Wii a little.

Since yesterday, booting it caused a black screen,no Bootmii, I just formatted my SD card and put only Bootmii files on it, which apparently loads it.

I have a NAND backup of a old system menu, but I'd like to use it only as a last resort. Is there anything I can to do check what causes my Wii to go on a black screen ? Or should I just put that NAND back and start over from it ?

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm not really tech-savvy myself

Thanks in advance for your time.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did it just brick for no apparent reason? Try turning the console on with the Wiimote. If you can't, you likely need to replace the bluetooth module.

Also, can you get to HBC from Bootmii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
launch bootmii, then make a fresh nand dump, then use giantpune's app call nandcheck, or nandbinchecker, or something like that. It was entered into the 2011 homebrew bounty so u can find it there for sure. Then run the nandchecker on your nand dump and it will tell u what's wrong with your current Wii

anyways, chances are very good your problem can be fixed by reinstalling your system menu and your system menu IOS (make sure its not stubbed). To do that, just launch bootmii, then load the HBC, then launch whatever app u want to use to reinstall those file (ie. MMM, dop-mii, yawmm, etc.). Since u have bootmii @ boot2, there's no risk to doing this either, so if u want u can just try this to see if it fixes the problem before bothering with the nandchecker.

@techboy, I don't think that's great advice... u realize if a wiimote was synced to a different Wii it won't be able to turn on the original Wii... so there are other explanations for the wiimote not being able to turn on his console other than a fried bluetooth module. Once he recovers (using a GC controller if need be), if he is unable to sync his wiimote from the Wii Menu then there might be some merrit to your fried bluetooth module hypothesis.

edit: if u can't access the HBC from bootmii, save bootmini.elf to your sd card (included in the hackmii installer download), then launch bootmii, then select the SD card menu, then select bootmini.elf, that will launch the hackmii installer and allow u to reinstall your HBC.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your answers, I'll get on the details :

I can get on HBC from Bootmii, and I kinda thought it could be that my system menu is corrupted. What should I install as IOSes ? Only the 4.2 one from Modmii ?

Also, I don't know if it's related, but my Wii used to crash before when I went into the system settings of the Wii.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@techboy, I don't think that's great advice... u realize if a wiimote was synced to a different Wii it won't be able to turn on the original Wii... so there are other explanations for the wiimote not being able to turn on his console other than a fried bluetooth module.
Noted for the future. I was assuming that the remote was functional and hadn't been used elsewhere since bricking.

Glad to see that it's fixed though
smile.gif

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I guess I'll try to clean a little all the IOS Pimp My Wii used to install at the time, since my Wii still crashes when I try to access anything from the Home Menu.

How should I proceed to remove all of the useless ones and keep the essential ?

Thank you again for your time !

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fyrus said:
Okay, I guess I'll try to clean a little all the IOS Pimp My Wii used to install at the time, since my Wii still crashes when I try to access anything from the Home Menu.

How should I proceed to remove all of the useless ones and keep the essential ?

Thank you again for your time !
i would run the modmii wizard. and redo everything.
yaywii.gif
this will clean everything up. an you'll be up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:unsure::unsure::D:D:wub::D:D