ROM Hack HELP!! Pokemon ORAS Not Randomizing!!!

Dark the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE ISSUE IS FIXED

So I tried to randomize my Alpha Sapphire, but for some reason after compiling the .CIA file and installing it, I load the game and get to the starters, and they are the normal Gen 3 starters. I have no idea what went wrong between compiling the .CIA and installing/loading the game, but I'm not getting a different result no matter what I try. I would love it if someone could help.

CIA Used
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Lewd Edition (because I'm a perv. Sue me.) [Taken from that ISO site]

Tools Used
HackingToolkit3DS(HTK) for the extraction/rebuilding
Decrypt9 for .3DS to .CIA conversion
FBI for .CIA installation
pk3DS for randomization

Steps Taken
1. Use HTK to extract the data from the .CIA file
2. Rename ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS to romfs and exe to be read by pk3DS
3. Open pk3DS (It already has the correct path selected)
4. Randomize Wild Encounters and save the changes using the Save Current Encounters button
5. Randomize Trainer battles to my specifications
6. Randomize Starters (I use Luma3DS so no crashes)
7. Close the pk3DS (it autosaves before closing)
8. Reopen pk3DS to check if the changes are still applied (They are)
9. Rename the romfs and exe folders back to ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS to be read by HTK
10. a)Use HTK to rebuild the .CIA file with the modified RomFS
10. b)Use HTK to build a .3DS file with the modified RomFS
11. Place the newly built .CIA/.3DS onto my SD card
11.5. Use Decrypt9 to convert the .3DS into .CIA if applicable
12. Use FBI to install the .CIA onto my 3DS (I'll have deleted the old install through Data Management on the console)
13. Load the game
14. Get to Prof. Birch
15. NORMAL STARTERS WTF

Last edited by Dark the Eagle,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have an Alpha Sapphire update installed on your console? If yes you should uninstall it, since the updates patches some cro and files when you launch game, some modifications done to the original game don't load

Revan_XVII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so my friend just modded my DS for me. He tried to literally every method and then some to randomize my Alpha Sapphire for me. The randomizer tool loads up fine, even saves the randomizers, but when I load up the game every single thing is still vanilla. No randomization to be found. So my question is: How do we get the randomizer to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game