OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
About a year ago, I got these cheap speakers to use for my computer. For the past month, they have been starting to make a "buzzing" noise (I assume this means a connection is bad in the cable). So today, I decided to try to see what was wrong with the cord. I unplugged the jack from the back of my computer, and BAM, it snapped. The tip of the audio jack got stuck in my PC. I can't get it out. I have a headphone jack in the front though, so I'm not totally screwed. So, I need some good speakers to replace the old ones. I need decent speakers, as I have school lectures online, and need to hear clearly. My budget is about 50$ max.

tldr; What are good speakers for under 50$?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acousti...-3602a/dp/B0027VT6V4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

My own logitech speakers finally died on me after some years of use, so I went with this new set. A house mate had them before me, and they're actually really, really nice. The speakers up top are really something else: once the housemate was playing an FPS game and he had forgotten he had unplugged his headphones, and his volume was cranked super high (the control can raise or lower the volume of whatever headphones you have connected to it!). He fired the shotgun, and man, it sounded like a legit shotgun blast. That thing didn't play a sound--it cracked. We both were like, Whoa. If you're just looking for replacement speakers though, you can get a set without the subwoofer or anything like that and still be good.

Sucks though that it doesn't have a mic-in jack. Apparently my last logitech set were one of the rare few stereo setups that have a mic-in on the actually controller volume thingy D:

I would definitely try and get that audio part out of your computer though, when you don't have any power connected to it.

Reactions: Chary

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The tip of the audio jack got stuck in my PC. I can't get it out

hit up your local home depot, lowes, sears hardware, etc, and browse the tools. you may have luck with a precision set of pliers. also look into watch repair tools, there are some things that may help you fish out the broken piece.

as for speakers, i really like some of the older BOSE. it looks like THIS may be the next generation of their design. they can be a little heavy on the bass at times, so you may need to make use of an EQ if that isn't to your liking. but as far as fullness, i've not heard another set come close.

-another world

Reactions: Chary

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hit up your local home depot, lowes, sears hardware, etc, and browse the tools. you may have luck with a precision set of pliers. also look into watch repair tools, there are some things that may help you fish out the broken piece.

as for speakers, i really like some of the older BOSE. it looks like THIS may be the next generation of their design. they can be a little heavy on the bass at times, so you may need to make use of an EQ if that isn't to your liking. but as far as fullness, i've not heard another set come close.

-another world

If he has the money, he should go with them. I have the older gen and they beat out my old speakers that had an amp attached.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
  • Noctosphere @ Noctosphere:
    Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo just follows Luke around with flowers
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny, every week he cries bout something and says that's it, I'm leaving this site for good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be crazy hot.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !