ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I found the offset of the value for lorom/hirom is in the offset 41 (14 for lorom and 15 for hirom) and the offset to activate DSP is in the offset 3D we need to put the value BA. I updated my little tool to add this new features https://mega.nz/#!RBNlkQBK!B6euaOAwdKRqO4c59ohtQoChFuWhxZpLnYc1goREYsY
With this new options Mario Kart works
74BCuka.jpg
Thank you! this tool is amazing!

PS> Your program make my antivirus crazy hahaha

Retro Man

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Awesome job guys , i will try to inject later some roms and i share with you ;).

For now , any rom injected is well received.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by Raugo,

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I went and tried the method for injecting HiROM, and FFVI still isn't booting. Might be incompatible, we'll have to wait for other VC games to come out.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Raugo I used your latest release of snesinyector loading SMW data.bin as base and attempting to load Super Smash TV.sfc the program says there is no header (I think it is talking about the rom) I checked the md5 of Super Smash TV and the rom is supposedly a good dump as md5 matches. Any ideas? With a prior version of snesinyector I was able to make a playable cia but the audio is really distorted when playing so I was going to rebuild with your new tool and see if fixes anything.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Raugo I used your latest release of snesinyector loading SMW data.bin as base and attempting to load Super Smash TV.sfc the program says there is no header (I think it is talking about the rom) I checked the md5 of Super Smash TV and the rom is supposedly a good dump as md5 matches. Any ideas? With a prior version of snesinyector I was able to make a playable cia but the audio is really distorted when playing so I was going to rebuild with your new tool and see if fixes anything.

Try with this https://mega.nz/#!FJsjgQpK!J81ytXpzXqxBLIaOj80uIRGbVsO2ydTNIDjzAejLKvI

Reactions: stl25

loco365

Trophies
XP
Ah, there we go. Now it's working. Also, as a small suggestion, could you make it just overwrite the bin file rather than make a bin2 file? It'd make injections faster.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Perhaps we should start making a compatibility list. Since FF2 and 3 work under different conditions, perhaps it'd be best if we identified what games work where.

Reactions: RahFah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...