help tracking a short

david watters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so to start i have repaired/modded consoles since the ps1 and have repaired countless switches. i have my personal V1 here thats never had a problem until now. it was working fine and my daughter was playing just dance, she went to dock the switch and as soon as she did the green light flashed 5 times and now the switch is dead.

all caps on the pi3usb are shorted to ground, removed it and still shorted. the m92 had a single cap shorted, removed it and all shorts are still present. removed bq and still the same.

any ideas what else could cause this?

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
While I could take a guess..
(there are certain components that break easier, M92T36 etc)
but there might jus be a surrounding fuse that blew, which you already checked for

I'll instead recommend watching the switch reapair videos by
https://m.youtube.com/c/NorthridgeFix

He usually comments everything he does and is a really nice individual :-)

I will never touch any electronics on that level as I'm inept.
But if you feel up for it. Good faith.

PS: "Green light flashing" yields this

david watters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well 3 switches now before i found out it was this dock killing them. luckily the last 2 are under warranty still atleast, i just lost my only v1 console lol. so the dock will charge just fine but as soon as you power the docked switch on the screen flashes and the system is completely dead.

all 3 consoles show as unrecognized usb device when plugged into a pc and have shorts on the caps under the p13usb even if that and the m92. 2 of them are being shipped off to nintendo under warranty but id love to get the v1 running again. just starting to seem like the SOCs were killed then as i cant find and shorts.....

• Sad
Reactions: switchhunter666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1