Help uninstalling WiiU USB Helper

Oldman1968

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched but can't find away of uninstalling WiiU USB helper, I installed it and it worked perfectly well for a day then perhaps I shut it down incorrectly, now it won't load, I can't reinstall over the top and I have no idea how to uninstall. It simp!y doesn't load now.

Can someone tell me how I uninstall it and start over again.

Thanks.

Last edited by Oldman1968,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've searched but can't find away of uninstalling WiiU USB helper, I installed it and it worked perfectly well for a day then perhaps I shut it down incorrectly, now it won't load, I can't reinstall over the top and I have no idea how to uninstall. It simp!y doesn't load now.

Can someone tell me how I uninstall it and start over again.

Thanks.

I just downloaded it to test and was able to both re-install over the top of an existing install & also uninstall it with no issues. Not sure what you're doing wrong. Did you look in Windows Settings > Apps > installed Apps? It is not listed there as USB Helper Installer, WiiU USB Helper, or anything similar?

Download and install the latest from here:
https://github.com/FailedShack/USBHelperInstaller/

After installation, quit the app and then uninstall it using Windows settings. That should clean things up for you if you happened to do something like deleting folders instead of actually uninstalling.

Then completely forget about it and use this instead:
https://github.com/Xpl0itU/WiiUDownloader/

Reactions: Blythe93

Oldman1968

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the help, I uninstalled Wii U USB Helper and reinstalled, each time I launch I get Error Code 0xe434352 and App won't launch, really strange considering I used it without issue for 24hrs, now this.
Something strange has happened, even wud2app won't launch either.
Google says could be ,Net Framework so ran repair tool and no issues.
Clearly sometime has happened to prevent these type of Apps from running.

Last edited by Oldman1968,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
each time I launch I get Error Code 0xe434352 and App won't launch
Uhm...
Then completely forget about it and use this instead:
https://github.com/Xpl0itU/WiiUDownloader/

... Why are you still using that old, unmaintained, buggy tool called USB Helper when others told you to use Wii U Downloader instead already?

Guess you're on your own when wanting to use unsupported software while modern, maintained and supported alternatives exist. ;)

Oldman1968

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uhm...

... Why are you still using that old, unmaintained, buggy tool called USB Helper when others told you to use Wii U Downloader instead already?

Guess you're on your own when wanting to use unsupported software while modern, maintained and supported alternatives exist. ;)
Thanks V10lator, I'm completely new to modding and learning by mistakes and the advice of people like you, I'll move to Wii U Downloader and see how I get on, big thanks.

Oldman1968

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm the one that told you to use the other app. lol
Big thanks its a great little app.
Quick question, apologises if it's off topic, I'm Homebrew'ing my second and third WiiU's this week, I guess it's not possible to merely copy my first HDD with all my backups via my PC for my other Homebrew'd WiiU's?
I guess I have to go through all the SD card to HDD install process again.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I guess it's not possible to merely copy my first HDD with all my backups via my PC for my other Homebrew'd WiiU's?
As far as I know, you can't just copy your first HDD with all your backups via PC to another Wii U. Not that Wii U uses proprietary file system and, if you connect that HDD to the PC, your HDD will get corrupted and you'll have to redo the whole process from scratch i.e. format it and redownload everything once again. Never connect your Wii U formatted HDD to the PC directly.

You'll have to redo the whole process for all the Wii U HDDs.

I guess I have to go through all the SD card to HDD install process again.
Just grab NUSSpli and, optionally, get yourself an official USB LAN cable for Wii. Good thing about NUSSpli is that you can queue up several games at once, download and install them to the console directly without need to download files to PC first, copy to SD card second and then install them one by one afterwards. NUSSpli does all of that for you. The only downside is the slow speed due to the limitations of the Wii U's WiFi module, allowing for 1.5MBps maximum speed. Therefore, using compatible USB LAN adapter is recommended since it doubles the maximum download speed, which isn't much either but still better than the original 1.5MBps.

using that old, unmaintained, buggy tool called USB Helper
I personally use it when I come across multiple releases of the same Wii U game on eShop to see which one's which. There are a few digital releases that have additional language packs and alike, so I sometimes go for them instead. I'd like to know if there are better tools for that, though, so that I can move on from USB Helper as well.

Oldman1968

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Way above my pay grade I'm afraid. I'll opt for the safer but highly labour intensive way of copying to a SD then transfer to a new HDD.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto