Hacking Help using DVD to store games

Brigand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, so I recently softmodded a Wii and seeing as though both my USB and SD card are pretty small, I'd like to be able to store some games on a DVD. This is namely for use with the emulators VBA GX, SNES9x GX and FCE GX. I checked their pages on WiiBrew, and it looks like its possible. Problem is, I'm a complete n00b at burning DVDs, I've never had any use for it up until now. WiiBrew says "ROMs can be burned to a DVD-/+R (4.7GB max size & ISO 9660 file format)" I have a 4.7GB DVD-RW, but I'm at a loss for how to format it as ISO 9660, and through a bit of trial and error (mostly error) I now know that Windows 7 is unable to do this by itself. Is there a recommended program I should be using? Anyone willing to walk a n00b through a step-by-step guide on getting this working? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

Solution
Grab a Program called imgburn and Burn at 4X this will guarantee it will be burned correctly.

Use DVD-R Discs. You can try DVD +R.

DVD-RW Discs maybe a pain to read.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grab a Program called imgburn and Burn at 4X this will guarantee it will be burned correctly.

Use DVD-R Discs. You can try DVD +R.

DVD-RW Discs maybe a pain to read.

Solution

Brigand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Monty Kensicle no, I live in a very rural area. We don't really have any place that sells USBs/SD cards, meaning that I need to travel a fair way out of town if I want something like that, and making a trip like that solely for that isn't worth it due to the cost of fuel. Postage takes ages too. On top of that, I kind of just wanted to learn something new (:
@asnka and @CORE thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD