XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Back when crap was new, usbloaders like gx couldn't play game banners/animations like they do now, and those using usbloaders all the time missed seeing them. Crap solved that. Also, some people prefer having a handful of games AND homebrew appear in ONE menu via system menu forwarders, there's nothing wrong with this, and in fact unless you're using forwarder iso's I don't think this can be done even by modern usb-loaders (but not a big deal to switch from a list of games to a list of apps).

At the end of the day, it's a nice option to have. There are lots of people talking about how irrelevant crap is and to just autoboot into your loader, that is YOUR preference and that is totally fine, but please stop shitting all over crap!

Lol @ shitting all over crap, I crack myself up sometimes

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Lol @ shitting all over crap, I crack myself up sometimes
LOL, I quoted "crap" was in fact inspired by you.

Well, good info and I used "crap" back in the days.

Judging by the OP's posts, if he just wanted to look nice, autobooting into usbloadergx is way less hassle and also look nice.

Usbloadergx can also list app forwarders; the only problem is many forwarders rely on ios58 to work and usbloadergx doesn't allow setting "games ios" below 200. I solved it by manually edit GXGameSettings.cfg to point to ios58 though a few forwarders still refuse to work. If @blackb0x can include the fix in future releases then usbloadergx will be a better system menu replacement.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usbloadergx can also list app forwarders; the only problem is many forwarders rely on ios58 to work and usbloadergx doesn't allow setting "games ios" below 200. I solved it by manually edit GXGameSettings.cfg to point to ios58 though a few forwarders still refuse to work. If @blackb0x can include the fix in future releases then usbloadergx will be a better system menu replacement.
In my last release I fixed a bug that prevented WiiWare from being patched correctly, but in the process I broke support for channel forwarders. My next release will include a fix :)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
In my last release I fixed a bug that prevented WiiWare from being patched correctly, but in the process I broke support for channel forwarders. My next release will include a fix :)
I maybe out of the loop as I haven't used my Wii for quite awhile and in fact never tried your mod though I still read the forum once in a while.
The ios58 setting problem I referred to was actually from Cyan's. Don't know if you have fixed it in previous release and broke it again recently.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The system menu can only show 12 channels per page with a max of 4 pages (48 channels total) and each channel take up precious nand space (512M) for all ios, cios, system menu, game saves and wiiwares etc.
Also don't forget about the official sd card menu, which has many many more pages (20? I don't recall the exact number)

I don't think CRAP was ever intended to list an entire massive library (it may have even been released before the 4.0 update which added the official SD card menu). Anyway, I think we all agree that it's nice to have the choice, and everyone can decide what works for them! Peace!

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER