Hacking Help with getting windows to recognize Switch

spiderman012870

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch with firmware 9.01. The only way I could get it to format the new SD card. According to the website, is my swith patched, my version is not patched. It is a XAW700xxxxx. From what I have read, updating the firmware would not have caused my switch to be patched as it is a hardware issue. Correct?

Anyways, I have followed tutorials, read questions that are similiar to mine and tried their recommendations, etc. I can get it to go into RCM, using a pre-made jig. Console stays black. But when I plug it into my computer, with a USB-C to USB-A cable, windows fails installing the driver with the USB device not recognized. I have installed the drivers from TegraRCMGui and have used TegraRCmSmash with the hekate payload. For some reaon, it will not just not recognize the Switch as APX. I tried using Zadig and it doesn't work because it still sees it as an unknown device.

I have even tried to update the unknown device drive in device settings but it cannot find a valid driver. It says the unknown is the most current.

I have tried it with a Windows 7 machine (don't think it has USB 3.0) and a Windows 10 laptop, which does have the USB 3.0. Get the same error on both. Under Windows 10, it says the device id is unknown or something like that.

I'm thinking about getting another cable but should I try it with Galaxy S7 phone? Read one site that says you really don't want to use USB-C/USB-A cable. Or should I get another jig? I am not mecahnically inclined and do not own a 3d printer. So I usually purchase what I need. Also, recommendations on the cable?

Thanks.

spiderman012870

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention one thing. It does charge, and quickly, via the docking station with no issues. So I'm pretty sure its not the USB port on the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: You cant steal Switcheroo from me. lol :P