MarioMamede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys,
I'm trying to install hwfly rp 2040 on my OLED tears of the kingdom, I did all the soldering installations correctly, I checked the values with the multimeter, but when I start hwfly it blinks yellow and the switch system starts normally, I don't know what I'm doing of wrong. I am grateful to anyone who can help me.

i use firmware: fw_2.73.uf2

Vídeo:

Attachments

• IMG_20230805_231224.jpg
    IMG_20230805_231224.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20230806_072531.jpg
    IMG_20230806_072531.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20230806_080913.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20230806_084240.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20230806_094527.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Do you know where I can get the correct firmware?

You can try asking in the HWFLY RP2040 thread, based on what Dee87 said HWFLY RP2040 are not supported by Picofly firmware, instead they use HWFLY firmware.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-shaped-picofly-boards-start-shipping-in-china.632179/page-8

the Hwfly RP2040 are not supported officialy by the firmware and we have no diagram from the Board so we cannot support it ,

there is a HwflyRp2040 Thread please us that and dont spam this thread with ur questions its been said more then enough times.

and please dont come they are basicly they same , there are no diagrams and the firmware does not officially support those boards.

Edit: This is the thread u are looking for ClickMe

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can try asking in the HWFLY RP2040 thread, based on what Dee87 said HWFLY RP2040 are not supported by Picofly firmware, instead they use HWFLY firmware.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-shaped-picofly-boards-start-shipping-in-china.632179/page-8

That's not true they use the picofly firmware , the boards are still not supported by the picofly thread cause we have no diagrams from the board and since they make money off of a community made firmware and just use it I think they should ask the board creator for support if they pay them money

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true they use the picofly firmware , the boards are still not supported by the picofly thread cause we have no diagrams from the board and since they make money off of a community made firmware and just use it I think they should ask the board creator for support if they pay them money

The way you said it is confusing in the other thread.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,
I'm trying to install hwfly rp 2040 on my OLED tears of the kingdom, I did all the soldering installations correctly, I checked the values with the multimeter, but when I start hwfly it blinks yellow and the switch system starts normally, I don't know what I'm doing of wrong. I am grateful to anyone who can help me.

i use firmware: fw_2.73.uf2

Vídeo:

The board uses a Morse code for example long,short,short (=**) then u need to check the diagnoses sheet to see what the issue is (u can find that on the Picofly mainthread under the link important post)

But please don't ask for help with ur issue there since those boards are not officially supported by the firmware since we have no clue how the boards are build (even thought they prob are just a copy of the rp zero boards) since u pay a good amount of money to a seller they should give u device support for what they sell otherwise I wouldn't buy from them.

If u buy a rp2040 zero/tiny and install it u would get support in the picofly thread
Post automatically merged:

The way you said it is confusing in the other thread.
The board is not officaly supported by the firmware those hwfly boards are pretty much copy's of rp2040zero they stole the idea and sell there own made boards with community firmware and make money off of it that's why they should provide support

for better understanding not supported doesnt mean it doesnt work with the hwfly chip , it just mean that the firmware was not created to work with those boards and therfore there is no support.
i never said the board doesnt work with the firmware.

i never bought one of those boards and never will since they sell preflashed boards with community made firmware and make tones of money off of those boards without having to do any firmware nor do they give buyers support.But other people have used the picofly firmware on those boards and they work like they should

Its pretty easy actually , check the supported board from picofly buy one of them install it if u have issues we are more then welcome to help,

If u buy hwfly rp2040 ask the seller for help or create ur own thread, use the existing hwfly rp2040 thread

Or read the original picofly thread there are all possible issue with the answers how to fix them

Last edited by Dee87,

MarioMamede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The board uses a Morse code for example long,short,short (=**) then u need to check the diagnoses sheet to see what the issue is (u can find that on the Picofly mainthread under the link important post)

But please don't ask for help with ur issue there since those boards are not officially supported by the firmware since we have no clue how the boards are build (even thought they prob are just a copy of the rp zero boards) since u pay a good amount of money to a seller they should give u device support for what they sell otherwise I wouldn't buy from them.

If u buy a rp2040 zero/tiny and install it u would get support in the picofly thread

The board is not officaly supported by the firmware those hwfly boards are pretty much copy's of rp2040zero they stole the idea and sell there own made boards with community firmware and make money off of it that's why they should provide support
The seller account has been deleted from aliexpress :(

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The seller account has been deleted from aliexpress :(

Find out what the Morse code the hwfly gives u and read in important post on the og picofly thread.

There u will have a list what shows u what the Morse code means.

That's why u shouldn't support those company's

MarioMamede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Find out what the Morse code the hwfly gives u and read in important post on the og picofly thread.

There u will have a list what shows u what the Morse code means.

That's why u shouldn't support those company's
I'm in doubt between =** and ==*, but I think it is ==*

• =** eMMC init failure during glitch process
  • ==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)
Do you have any idea what I can do?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

• (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)

=** eMMC init failure during glitch process
check ur dat0 adaptor or ur soldering

Btw i just watche ur video u u def have ==*

u might also need 100ohm on ur dat0 point instead of 47ohm some switches need 100 ohm on dat0 or dat0 cmd(if u have slow emmc issues)

Last edited by Dee87,

MarioMamede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

=** eMMC init failure during glitch process
check ur dat0 adaptor or ur soldering

Btw i just watche ur video u u def have ==*

u might also need 100ohm on ur dat0 point instead of 47ohm some switches need 100 ohm on dat0 or dat0 cmd(if u have slow emmc issues)
How do I know if I need a 100ohm resistor, just testing?

MarioMamede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bro check ur flex cable that's the issue clearly stated by the Morse code if everything is connected properly, it wouldn't be the first time that a flex kabel is defektive.

Or check ur flexcable connector
You were right, it was a problem with the flex cable connector. All solder points were right, I just cleaned the connector and it worked. Thank you @Dee87

Attachments

• IMG_20230807_202701.jpg
    IMG_20230807_202701.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: Dee87

Tibor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Community,

I've finally had the guts to try my install on my first ever OLED RP2040 Installation. Of course I didn't succeed as I just entered the world of soldering not too long ago. I finished a few practice kits but that's of course very different than solving a real world problem. I've followed two youtube tutorials on the install of the RP2040 on the OLED and after trying it out The modchip gives me a blue light followed by a short yellow and long yellow flash (which appears 3 times). I've done some research and it says my CMD is not connected. This is where I'm stuck. I don't even know which one is the CMD line.

If you have any idea what I could've done wrong please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER