Hacking Help with SaveDataFiller

aliak11

Pokemon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I import my edited Pokemon ORAS save to the cia version I get "the save cannot be used with this version", if I import it to the .3dz on Gateway, it works fine. The weird thing is the save originally came from the cia version.

poopypantz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Excuse me, when you export your save to the SD card, what are the last five digits of the game's ID? I cannot seem to find it for export.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How would I find out? If it is can it be fixed?

I guess so, but first back up your current emuNAND and SD so you won't blame me if this doesn't work.

Having your working save file backed up as decrypted. Delete the save file of the CIA version and create a new save file. After this, decrypt this new save file and then swap them so you can get a new encryption with a brand new counter. This should fix the saving counter issue.

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of making a new thread I thought id come here. I had two save files in animal crossing and I attempted to swap them around however I got an error message in game saying "this is not the same file saved as" and reformatted the save file. Did I do something wrong? or is animal crossing just a game that won't work with savedatafiler

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Instead of making a new thread I thought id come here. I had two save files in animal crossing and I attempted to swap them around however I got an error message in game saying "this is not the same file saved as" and reformatted the save file. Did I do something wrong? or is animal crossing just a game that won't work with savedatafiler

Maybe you got the wrong encryption. If you are constantly swapping saves, it's about time you mix them up.

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried the one time, its my first attempt to be honest. The codes from the CTR (the .3ds from the red card) and the exdata (SD card for .cia) had the same value of 000864 so i thought it was a simple switch between the two

aliak11

Pokemon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess so, but first back up your current emuNAND and SD so you won't blame me if this doesn't work.

Having your working save file backed up as decrypted. Delete the save file of the CIA version and create a new save file. After this, decrypt this new save file and then swap them so you can get a new encryption with a brand new counter. This should fix the saving counter issue.

I have try a few times now, and it is not working. I can still import it to the .3ds ROM through, so I now the save works.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have try a few times now, and it is not working. I can still import it to the .3ds ROM through, so I now the save works.

Well, I didn't expect that. There's a final solution, though; use the save transfer tool in the home menu. Place the rom and import it to the CIA version.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the save transfer tool to get my .3DZ save file from Pokemon Y onto a cia install. It worked the first time, but then when I tried to edit the save and restore it, I get a "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used." error. I tried deleting the save file and then restoring it, deleting and reinstalling the cia and restoring the save, deleting the save and restoring it with the save transfer tool. None of those worked. I can restore the save file to the .3DZ just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay