Hacking Here comes 3DS 11.6

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can never patch ntrboot because the exploit is there before the whitelist is loaded
That's not what I was asking. I was asking about OFW, not CFW. If they updated the whitelist to block the R4i on 11.6 then you cannot install NTRBootHaX from stock because the Flashcard won't work.

The exploit isn't there on OFW to bypass the whitelist.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you know I have a retai card from Pokémon Moon. Is it possible to update after the downgrade process?
You don't have to downgrade anything. You can install B9S straight from stock on <11.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can always buy a cheap ds lite and and flash it
Again, that doesn't answer my question Lol. I already have means for myself, I'm simply curious as if such a thing was implemented. It would be good for OFW users on 11.6 to know if they need 11.5 and a flashcard or another console entirely.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't have to downgrade anything. You can install B9S straight from stock on <11.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again, that doesn't answer my question Lol. I already have means for myself, I'm simply curious as if such a thing was implemented. It would be good for OFW users on 11.6 to know if they need 11.5 and a flashcard or another console entirely.
Ok thanks I'll see what I can do.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When you invoke/boot ntrboot, you're not subject to any blacklisting/whitelisting the 3DS usually does, so if your r4i is compatible with ntrboot in general, it'll always work unless Nintendo comes out with a new hardware revision. That said, they could still block it from functioning as a DS flashcart while you're inside the 3DS OS or TWL_FIRM (DS mode), though, but ntrboot is neither of those things, it's its own environment with its own set of rules.
Thanks for the tip. Hadn't thought of it in that way, great news!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the tip. Hadn't thought of it in that way, great news!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Another way to think of ntrboot is sort of like how a PC boots: The BIOS (or EFI on newer ones) runs, and then it hands control to a bootloader that has full control of the system; there is no OS running yet, and it has its own rules. On the 3DS, it's the same idea: the bootrom runs, and then if the ntrboot card is inserted (and the button combo pressed), it gives control right over to your ntrboot card, with no OS or anything else telling it what it can and can't do. That, and the bootrom is, as the name states, a ROM, so it can't be changed or updated in any way outside of a newly updated console hardware revision that fixes it.

Last edited by daxtsu,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
the nokia joke remaked?
Thanks for the idea ;)
3DS vs Nokia.jpg

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got nand backups and full SD card backups from 4.3, 11.3, 11.4, 11.5 and now 11.6 :P

I'd consider that a waste of space. The CIAs from 3DNUS take much less space, and have everything you need to return to an old version, should you want to. The 11.x series at this point only takes 6.5 GB. And that's with USA, EUR, and JPN versions (on both N3DS and O3DS). If I only grabbed one region and one hardware, it would be around 1.1 GB for all 7 releases. Still, it's your hard drive, not mine.

Well, they could do that in a future release. 3dbrew says that wasn't updated this time, however. The focus seems to be on playing outdated titles online (seems to be more to prevent online cheating by exploiting bugs in old versions of games than anything else, with a bit of preventing possible future online exploits on the side).

A9LH still works?

It does. There's no real reason to keep using A9LH, though. Everything that runs on A9LH also runs on B9S. I just keep it around for testing purposes at this point. But no NATIVVE_FIRM update means no CFW broken.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd consider that a waste of space. The CIAs from 3DNUS take much less space, and have everything you need to return to an old version, should you want to. The 11.x series at this point only takes 6.5 GB. And that's with USA, EUR, and JPN versions (on both N3DS and O3DS). If I only grabbed one region and one hardware, it would be around 1.1 GB for all 7 releases. Still, it's your hard drive, not mine.

Well, they could do that in a future release. 3dbrew says that wasn't updated this time, however. The focus seems to be on playing outdated titles online (seems to be more to prevent online cheating by exploiting bugs in old versions of games than anything else, with a bit of preventing possible future online exploits on the side).
I don't know why I always forget to check 3DBrew, thank you for the concise answer. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds