Hacking Hey... will the EZ-Flash Junior work with Analogue Pocket?!?! :D

manks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Pocket today and also encountered my EZ-Flash Jr not working using the very last release from the testflight. After some testing the newest working firmware is the one from 7-31 (found here). The newer one (Update_FW5_forSGB.gb) does not work and just causes the "error" message.

This firmware works both with my SanDisk Ultra 16GB (Silver, Class 10, A1) and my older Lexar 4GB (Class 4, taken from a New 3DS XL).
+1 for that 7-31 firmware making my Jr. work with my Pocket. (Class 10 Gigastone MicroSD.) And afterward I was also able to use nitro2k01's sgb enabler.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i have the EZ-Flash Junior as well as the Analogue Pocket- it still gives me SD error initialization even with 1.05e firmware. Any tips on getting it to work?
I eventually gave up on my EZ-Flash Jr, and gave it away in a gameboy build to my friend. I just hated how slow the menu navigation was. (Played games fine.)
Now I have a chinese everdrive GB clone, and haven't been happier.

kentyndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen multiple places says that it should work but also, if you check the subreddit, you can find game files that simply load onto the SD card. I'm not entirely sure how the SD card method works though.

Worth noting that some people's connection pins on their carts have been reaching the connectors on the Pocket, for whatever reason.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've seen multiple places says that it should work but also, if you check the subreddit, you can find game files that simply load onto the SD card. I'm not entirely sure how the SD card method works though.
Analogue and the devs of GameBoy Studio collaborated to create a rom format that would allow the Pocket to play projects created with GB Studio directly from the SD card to help develop those GB games, people reverse engineered the format and figured out you could convert existing games to that format and have started offering patches to do just that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck