Hit the Screenshot limit, question about if I can move then recover screenshots.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was taking screenshots when my Switch gave me an error that I couldn't store any more, despite still having a ton of space left on my SDcard. It was then that I found out that the Switch has a hard 10,000 screenshot limit per MicroSD card regardless of how much space is on it.

(Let's please not get into an argument about if that's too many screenshots or if never used that function, there are plenty of people who take a lot of screenshots)

So obviously, the easiest way to fix this without getting rid of all of my screenshots would be to just simply move some of them off the SDcard to my PC... or even just simply to another folder on the SDcard. Thing is, I want to also retain the ability if possible to restore them back if I ever need them in my album again.

However, I am confused how well this would work in regards to the Switch recognizing that the screenshots have been "deleted" without actually deleting them. The Switch obviously seems to have some sort of protection in place so people can't just place any images in the Album folder and make the Switch think that's a screenshot you took. What I want to know is if this protection is per-screenshot or if there is some kind of database on the Switch itself that tracks every screenshot.

Mainly, I am asking if I were to just simply move some a thousand or two screenshots/videos off the Switch itself, would it recognize those screenshots are no longer there and thus let me take another 1000-2000 screenshots.... or because I didn't actually go through the delete menu would it still remember those screenshots in some database file and still think those screenshots exist and thus not let me take more? And likewise, if it does recognize they are gone, if I ever wanted to put them back, would it recognize them again if I restored the exact folders they were in? Or would it reject them from then on if I ever move them out of the Albums folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM