Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys I need a little bit of clarification. I've got a European DSi on the most recent firmware, can I do anything without a hardmod?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys I need a little bit of clarification. I've got a European DSi on the most recent firmware, can I do anything without a hardmod?
do you have flipnote studio? if yes, not yet, you gotta wait till european ugopwn is finished; if no, unless you have sudokuhax you WILL need a hardmod

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
PM @sks316 with proof of installation before the end of the day, unless it's too late for that.
I'll be taking requests until 12:00 AM Central Time on May 13th.

Reactions: banjo2

marine5422

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with hiya launcher.

#Touch issue (overall system touch malfunction, except launcher itself and few ds app like pictochat, ds download play).
#SD-Redirection issue (not working)
#Region free issue (cartridge works fine, but out of region dsiware not working)

detail description
https://gbatemp.net/threads/unlaunch-hiyacfw-side-effect-bug-report-for-unusual-region.503509/

so it will be patch later? or it just specific region problem? or any solution?

Last edited by marine5422,

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You don't need twlnf for DSiWare installation anymore, you just have to copy the .app and the .tmd to the right folder in your SD card and you're good to go

You don't even need to create a ticket for it

You need to create "content" and "data" folders in the "4b513945" folder. Place the APP and TMD in the "content" folder and the save file in the "data" folder.
thanks, you kept it simple !!!

D

Deleted User

can I install dsiware cia on DSI with this? or will they have to be in a another format?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: CatmanFan

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CIA and TIA are entirely different file formats for entirely different systems, so converting between the two would be either incredibly difficult or impossible.
This is not true, is as simple as extract the .app from either any CIA or any TIA, and then forge the TMD for DSi or use make_cia for 3DS.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im confused then, how do i install my backups now?

1. Get your favorite dsiware.cia backup with its title id. example: L´n L.CIA (title id 000300044b604445 short id 4b605445). Note from Dsi Guide:
Take note of how many blocks you have free under "System Memory", and make sure that you have more blocks free than your newly installed
app will take. Installing an app without enough blocks will result on a brick.
2. GO https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-dsi-modding-help-thread-and-guide.481118 and follow DSiware extraction instructions
3. Use NUS Downloader https://gbatemp.net/download/nus-downloader.23757/ to download TMD file,
you will need to select DSi and input title id, rename TMD file to title.tmd & copy it to content folder. Copy your 4b605445 folder to
your title / 0003004 folder in your SD card and you're good to go
4. You need to have a public.sav file in the data folder you created, I just copied a random one from a DSiware I already had installed
before. Hiya users Browse your SD / title / 00030004 / random short id data folder.
5. Insert your SD in your DSi and turn it on, your game will now appear on your homescreen as gift.

Last edited by siamese,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...