mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
Here you will find all the iso's that have been put together thus far there were covers uploaded to WiiTDB for all the ISO's but then Spayrosam decided to change his format so you will have to download and rename the covers yourself until he decides to fix it.

What format is expected? The user has to put in the title ID manually for each homebrew app atm so there is no way to match premade homebrew covers with the ISO without renaming them. That is until we have some method of assigning ID's to specific apps and a database similar to titles.txt to insure ppl always use the same ID's for homebrew. We have alot in store after v5 is out. maybe we need a WHBTD because it seems the powers that be like things the way they are
hate2.gif
Anyways, v5 will be 1 click for WW/VC anyway, and only enter a Title ID I think for Homebrew. If we set a standard, it wont take long to assign Title IDs to them. Example 0TZE20.... 0 denotes the multiplier for the version, TZ the title ID, E the region, and the 20 is revision coefficient. This allows for the first letter to be 0-9,A or B (C is used by commodore VC) And the coefficient to be 00-FF allowing for 2805 versions of the same Homebrew app, and 676 homebrew ID's...maybe the method needs tweaked some because we might reach more than 676 homebrew apps. Now we MAY be able to do away with the Region notifyer since Homebrew doesnt really have a region in that way, IDK. then that would allow for 3 slots to be occupied by title ID (the first 3) and 3 to be held by revision (the last 3) giving 9TZ020 or the like. This is more efficient because we can search DB for 4 digits if the 6 digit cover is not found and find a cover for a version CLOSE to that one. Someone just needs to step up and make a decision on it to smut out the chaos. Maybe that will be me after some testing.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:31 AM) for the millionth time, forwarder ISOs do not work in usb loader gx, they never have.
Incorrect statement (maybe was correct then but I dont want anyone to read that and think its still true). All of mine work in USBLoaderGX, Wiiflow, CFG-USBLoader

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a small note on the second part: you're referring to a post that's almost 2 months old.

...and at that time, the statement was correct.
smile.gif

Great job on 3Iso's studio, by the way.
yay.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
just didnt want anyone who jumps to the last page of threads to see what the newest info is to think that was still true...I editted it so it don't look like a personal thing anymore lol.

And as for the 6 digit/4 digit thing about isos. Even if the iso is 6 digit (with the 00 on the ends) a properly configured ini file for the loader will still download and use 4 digit covers for a 6 digit ID.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
just as a note, some of the old HB covers will be coming down or getting renamed in wiitdb soon. All homebrew will have to follow a D..A ID format for Homebrew. D=Dol and A=Anyregion

This is simply to add some order to the chaos of ID'ing homebrew. Im trying to make v5 of 3isos use titles.txt to auto ID homebrew if it is already been assigned an ID, and if not, a way to assign one and notify wiitdb to update titles.txt with the new ID.

Sucks having 10 ppl make an ISO for the same app and have to rename all of the covers to their own ID. We are trying to remedy that as best we can.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
Incorrect statement (maybe was correct then but I dont want anyone to read that and think its still true). All of mine work in USBLoaderGX, Wiiflow, CFG-USBLoader

So do mine
tongue.gif

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just cannot get these to work on my wii.
Here is the setup:
NTSC Wii running 4.1
WiiFlow r41
All the games are on a WBFS partition on the HD.
All of my homebrew is on my 4GB SDHC SD card (in the apps folder of course).
I want to have HBC and MPlayer_CE as ISOs in WiiFlow.

I have tried downloading both the PAL and NTSC versions of both these ISOs - no luck.
I also created them manually using 3ISO's Studio - no luck.
The ISOs install fine on the WBFS partition and you can see them in WiiFlow.
But the Wii simply resets every time I click on one of the ISOs in WiiFlow.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
gogorman said:
Here is the setup:
NTSC Wii running 4.1
WiiFlow r41

I have tried downloading both the PAL and NTSC versions of both these ISOs - no luck.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

I didnt add iso-forwarders for homebrew yet, kinda odd as im 1/2 the coding team for 3isos... So I'm not quite sure how it works unless I try it xD.. But try this anyway:
Check and see if there is a dol file created with the same name as the ID of the homebrew app and put it in USB or SD under a folder called /TriiForwarders/

Any reason your using wbfs file system? The setup that works for sure for nand-emu anyways:

Sysmenu 4.2
cIOS 249 rev14
cIOS 223/224 rev4
USB-fat (Use wii backup manager to transfer isos to drive)
apps folder on usb drive
Latest Wiiflow
Covers on SD (must download them using another usbloader, wiiflow has a cover bug right now)

If you have a nand-emu it can also be on the ubs-fat drive, any channels you want to use forwarder isos with need to be installed in the emu-nand

Rule of thumb is to set up a working Triiforce_MRC first, after that the other stuff seems simple, even if you are unsure of something its that much easier to understand why it isnt.

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
gogorman said:
Here is the setup:
NTSC Wii running 4.1
WiiFlow r41

What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

I didnt add iso-forwarders for homebrew yet, kinda odd as im 1/2 the coding team for 3isos... So I'm not quite sure how it works unless I try it xD.. But try this anyway:
Check and see if there is a dol file created with the same name as the ID of the homebrew app and put it in USB or SD under a folder called /TriiForwarders/

Any reason your using wbfs file system? The setup that works for sure for nand-emu anyways:

Sysmenu 4.2
cIOS 249 rev14
cIOS 223/224 rev4
USB-fat (Use wii backup manager to transfer isos to drive)
apps folder on usb drive
Latest Wiiflow
Covers on SD (must download them using another usbloader, wiiflow has a cover bug right now)

If you have a nand-emu it can also be on the ubs-fat drive, any channels you want to use forwarder isos with need to be installed in the emu-nand

Rule of thumb is to set up a working Triiforce_MRC first, after that the other stuff seems simple, even if you are unsure of something its that much easier to understand why it isnt.

Thanks for the answer.
So do I need this TriiForce thing installed before any of this will work?
I also don't have any nand-emu yet, but didn't think that was required either?
If I create a folder called TriiForwarders is that going to do anything since I don't have TriiForce?
Thanks again for the help.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
You dont need to have triiforce itself or nand-emu to forward to homebrew apps, but im pretty sure that 3isos makes a dol file named whatever ID you gave the homebrew app. that dol file needs to be in the Triiforwarders folder.

There should be a triiforwarders folder somewhere in the 3isos folder after you make the ISO. Just copy the folder to your USB or SD

Edit: make sure you check in the subdirectories lol, im not sure when v4 puts it. I'll make an ISO for homebrew after I get my virtualbox back up and running (just formatted my pc)

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
You dont need to have triiforce itself or nand-emu to forward to homebrew apps, but im pretty sure that 3isos makes a dol file named whatever ID you gave the homebrew app. that dol file needs to be in the Triiforwarders folder.

There should be a triiforwarders folder somewhere in the 3isos folder after you make the ISO. Just copy the folder to your USB or SD

Edit: make sure you check in the subdirectories lol, im not sure when v4 puts it. I'll make an ISO for homebrew after I get my virtualbox back up and running (just formatted my pc)

I updated WiiFlow to r42 (the newest one) and for some reason they work now?
Although, I do have the ISOs in the FAT partition now, as opposed to the WBFS partition like the rest of my games.
Perhaps that fixed it, or a combination of both.
Weird.
Thanks for the help though!

EDIT: I tried with the ISOs on the wbfs partition withe new version of WiiFlow and they work.
Must have been the revision of WiiFlow I was using?
Now The Homebrew Channel and MPlayer_CE work like a charm - both installed on the wbfs partition.

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
odd, glad to see you got it working.

UPDATE: Well, I changed to r42 249 and now the ISOs do not work.
They only work if I change the IOS to 222 in WiiFlow.
Also, none of the forwarders here work for me (the ones with the splash etc.)
They all give me a stack dump.
The only ones I can get to work are the ones I created myself with 3 ISOs Studio.
Any ideas?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
@gogorman: What cIOS do you have in 249/250? If Triiforce doesnt work its usually a cIOS problem, not a Triiforce problem. As of now Triiforce only works with cIOS 249 rev14,15,17.

and as stated before the IOS you use as base kinda matters as for what you plan to use the cIOS for.

Dialexio said:
IOS37 as a base is needed for Rock Band/Guitar Hero.
IOS38 as a base is best for compatibility with homebrew.
IOS57 as a base is best for USB speed enhancements.
IOS60 as a base is best for Wi-Fi enhancements.
IOS70 as a base is... not really recommended for anything.

All of them are safe, it all depends on what you want. Note that if you wish to switch the base IOS (i.e.- base IOS38 to base IOS57), you need to uninstall cIOS first.

My personal coniguration has changed in the past few days:
SysMenu 4.2u
202 rev5 base 57 (I use ethernet rather than wifi, if you use wifi use base 60 instead)
222 rev4 base 38
223 rev4 base 37 (For instruments support, set instrument games settings to use this IOS or IOS 250)
224 rev5 base 57 (same as the my comment on IOS 202)
249 rev17 base 38 merged 57
250 rev17 base 38 merged 37

Now since 249 is merged with 57 its best if you use wiiflow with that one if you dont have problems.

Also for the forwarder ISO's on the first page, you must have the app installed, and the triiforwarders folder on the same drive as your apps folder AFAIK.

In my setup, the only thing on the full FAT USB drive is my nand dump (for sneek and triiforce combined), and the wbfs FOLDER (transferred ISO's using Wii Backup Manager).

On the SD is all cover images, apps folder, Triiforwarders folder, and any "data" folders for my apps. I was very careful to go through every programs settings file to make sure nothing else was stored on my USB drive.

I'm still rebuilding my UNEEK setup, I want a custom skin xD.

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
@gogorman: What cIOS do you have in 249/250? If Triiforce doesnt work its usually a cIOS problem, not a Triiforce problem. As of now Triiforce only works with cIOS 249 rev14,15,17.

and as stated before the IOS you use as base kinda matters as for what you plan to use the cIOS for.

Dialexio said:
IOS37 as a base is needed for Rock Band/Guitar Hero.
IOS38 as a base is best for compatibility with homebrew.
IOS57 as a base is best for USB speed enhancements.
IOS60 as a base is best for Wi-Fi enhancements.
IOS70 as a base is... not really recommended for anything.

All of them are safe, it all depends on what you want. Note that if you wish to switch the base IOS (i.e.- base IOS38 to base IOS57), you need to uninstall cIOS first.

My personal coniguration has changed in the past few days:
SysMenu 4.2u
202 rev5 base 57 (I use ethernet rather than wifi, if you use wifi use base 60 instead)
222 rev4 base 38
223 rev4 base 37 (For instruments support, set instrument games settings to use this IOS or IOS 250)
224 rev5 base 57 (same as the my comment on IOS 202)
249 rev17 base 38 merged 57
250 rev17 base 38 merged 37

Now since 249 is merged with 57 its best if you use wiiflow with that one if you dont have problems.

Also for the forwarder ISO's on the first page, you must have the app installed, and the triiforwarders folder on the same drive as your apps folder AFAIK.

In my setup, the only thing on the full FAT USB drive is my nand dump (for sneek and triiforce combined), and the wbfs FOLDER (transferred ISO's using Wii Backup Manager).

On the SD is all cover images, apps folder, Triiforwarders folder, and any "data" folders for my apps. I was very careful to go through every programs settings file to make sure nothing else was stored on my USB drive.

I'm still rebuilding my UNEEK setup, I want a custom skin xD.

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't realize that you needed Triiforce installed. Strange that it doesn't say that on the first page anywhere.
Perhaps you do though?
I know with the ISOs created with 3 ISOs Studio you don't, as I had those working fine.
Can anyone else clarify this? Do you need Triiforce installed to use the ISOs here?
Thanks!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what comfuses alot of people, these ISOs use a method similar to triiforce to work. If triiforce doesnt work, then neither will the forwarders.

I beleive it is not a problem with the iso/apps setup.... The problem is that you don't have cIOS249 rev14,15, or 17 installed. ISO forwarders dont work with rev16,18,19... which is why if you use wiiflow222 it works, since IOS222rev4 is obviously installed.

cISO/Triiforce compatibility:
cIOS 222 rev 4 YES
cIOS 222 rev 5 no
cIOS 249 rev 14 YES
cIOS 249 rev 15 YES
cIOS 249 rev 16 no
cIOS 249 rev 17 YES
cIOS 249 rev 18 no
cIOS 249 rev 19 no

It matters what IOS is used by your loader. You could try changing the settings in wiiflow to set each Forwarder-ISO to use IOS 222 to load, or install a compatible cIOS249.

You dont need Triiforce installed to use homebrew ISO-forwarders.
For Homebrew, whatever app you are trying to run needs to be installed to the apps folder if it is a homebrew forwarder. Check on the first page to see where the ISO looks for the dol.

EDIT: changed, I gave info on WW/VC at first LOL... the above is correct for Homebrew.

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
This is what comfuses alot of people, these ISOs use a method similar to triiforce to work. If triiforce doesnt work, then neither will the forwarders.

I beleive it is not a problem with the iso/apps setup.... The problem is that you don't have cIOS249 rev14,15, or 17 installed. ISO forwarders dont work with rev16,18,19... which is why if you use wiiflow222 it works, since IOS222rev4 is obviously installed.

cISO/Triiforce compatibility:
cIOS 222 rev 4 YES
cIOS 222 rev 5 no
cIOS 249 rev 14 YES
cIOS 249 rev 15 YES
cIOS 249 rev 16 no
cIOS 249 rev 17 YES
cIOS 249 rev 18 no
cIOS 249 rev 19 no

It matters what IOS is used by your loader. You could try changing the settings in wiiflow to set each Forwarder-ISO to use IOS 222 to load, or install a compatible cIOS249.

You dont need Triiforce installed to use homebrew ISO-forwarders.
For Homebrew, whatever app you are trying to run needs to be installed to the apps folder if it is a homebrew forwarder. Check on the first page to see where the ISO looks for the dol.

EDIT: changed, I gave info on WW/VC at first LOL... the above is correct for Homebrew.

Got it!
Thanks for thr reply. That makes sense.
Any reason why the ISOs I created using 3 ISOs Studio work, and none of the ones here do?
They just code dump when i try to run them - tried all fo the different IOS and Video Mode settings, still no luck.
Thanks

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gogorman said:
Any reason why the ISOs I created using 3 ISOs Studio work, and none of the ones here do?
They just code dump when i try to run them - tried all fo the different IOS and Video Mode settings, still no luck.
Thanks

The sources are different.
I used gx-source for the forwarder ISO's on the first page
3 ISO'S Studio has his own source..

EDIT:
I left the scene already. and then I am back with 3 ISO'S Studio (new app, new sources)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4