• Views 809,165
  • Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA to 5.5 exploit holders: RELEASE YOUR WORK! We updated to 5.5.x because we were assured that you guys were working on exploits.

Was that trust abused? (Because so far literally nothing has been released.)
Come on man, I usually like most of your posts so please don't make me ignore you. You know what happens when you post that kind of stuff. Don't break dude. You know how people are going to respond (at least you didn't make a whole new thread!)

They made it themselves. Let them decide what to do with it.

I do remember everybody saying that it's safe to update but until you have it in your hands it's not really anybody's fault but your own that you updated. You know what I mean?

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on man, I usually like most of your posts so please don't make me ignore you. You know what happens when you post that kind of stuff. Don't break dude. You know how people are going to respond (at least you didn't make a whole new thread!)

They made it themselves. Let them decide what to do with it.

I do remember everybody saying that it's safe to update but until you have it in your hands it's not really anybody's fault but your own that you updated. You know what I mean?

Just be thankful devs. choose to release their work for the public rather than keep it to them selves. patience is the key. everything isn't going to progress over night it takes time. :D

Edit:quoted wrong person mybad :P from Note4.

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys i'm in trouble with a friend.

He is on 5.3.2, and he uses wiiubru.com

After success on kernel exploit, the second time he open the link the white screen with wiiu logo appears, then the HBL music starts, but it never loads. He need to hard shutdown the console.

Inviato dal mio LG-H955 utilizzando Tapatalk

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i'm in trouble with a friend.

He is on 5.3.2, and he uses wiiubru.com

After success on kernel exploit, the second time he open the link the white screen with wiiu logo appears, then the HBL music starts, but it never loads. He need to hard shutdown the console.

I am not sure what wiiubru.com is providing as a link and I dont seem to be able to access it, but I remember someone said it provides some older loadiine gx2 v0.1 links. They are not compatible to HBL or loadiine gx2 v0.2+. You should change to the github versions of the payloads which are sure to be compatible with the github package ELF file. Host the files yourself (search the forum for methods how to self host) and it will work almost every time.

https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.1

It is generally a good idea to use what is on release pages instead of packages where you can't tell the source of it or the version.

Reactions: KiiWii

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem is that i've got the same identical files, and i use it from the same site.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that i've got the same identical files, and i use it from the same site.

I am almost sure that it is the transfer from a remote site. The curl transfer within the browser exploit environment is instable. I had issues on 5.3.2 transfering the ELF files too even hosting everything locally (and it is worse from remote) which is why it is SD load method for all big ELFs now and only the small SD loader is transfered through the web browser exploit. Just adding or removing a compiled in sound/image file to the code without actually changing a single line of code randomly resulted in a freeze on loading it. It was independent of the file size. The transfered data just got corrupted. Nothing like that ever happend when loading the ELF from the SD card or transfering the ELF to HBL with SendElf/WiiLoad.

Last edited by dimok,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

so I decided to create a new version of HBL because there were several nice changes since last release. This is only an RC1 release as it is not very well tested with all those changes. So I am hoping for you all to test and report whatever you find.

Here is a change list:

• added official support for 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 with proper sound support
  • added official support for 5.5.x firmwares (only preparation still requires a kernel exploit for those firmwares)
  • one click link launch (no need to run the link twice or execute the exploit prior to launch (exception for 5.5.x))
  • fixed receive from wiiload and other application that send the elf header one byte at a time
  • improved OS driver exploit integrated
  • skip ELF files starting with '.' and '_'
  • added version string to main view
You can find the new RC1 release as always on the github:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.2_RC1

Please report any bugs you find. If nothing is reported I will just rename the RC1 release to a real release v1.2 in a few days.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,

so I decided to create a new version of HBL because there were several nice changes since last release. This is only an RC1 release as it is not very well tested with all those changes. So I am hoping for you all to test and report whatever you find.

Here is a change list:

• added official support for 5.5.x firmwares (only preparation still requires a kernel exploit for those firmwares)
  • one click link launch (no need to run the link twice or execute the exploit prior to launch (exception for 5.5.x))
  • fixed receive from wiiload and other application that send the elf header one byte at a time

Please report any bugs you find. If nothing is reported I will just rename the RC1 release to a real release v1.2 in a few days.

i can test on 5.5.1,i'll say to you if i have a bug

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i tested your version on my 5.5.1 wii u it works perfectly

Reactions: KiiWii

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

Here is a change list:

You're a fuckin rockstar

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to trying this out!

@dimok:
- v1.2 RC1 worked fine for me (5.3.2), though the only things I can verify are the version string and one click launch.
- How might I convert the payload532.html's from pyGecko and WUP Installer to ELF format so we can launch them through HBL? I was thinking this would be replacing the old way of using an index.html to show links to the payloads, but it seems like that's the only way to use those applications? I know pyGecko is built into Loadiine GX2 now, but I'm talking about for being able to use cheats on disc games... unless disc-launch is being built into Loadiine soon too. :P

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@dimok:
- v1.2 RC1 worked fine for me (5.3.2), though the only things I can verify are the version string and one click launch.
- How might I convert the payload532.html's from pyGecko and WUP Installer to ELF format so we can launch them through HBL? I was thinking this would be replacing the old way of using an index.html to show links to the payloads, but it seems like that's the only way to use those applications? I know pyGecko is built into Loadiine GX2 now, but I'm talking about for being able to use cheats on disc games... unless disc-launch is being built into Loadiine soon too. :P
Sorry to say that it is not as simple as to convert the format but it should be very easy and fast to port it to HBL. Its more or less just copy / paste of the necessary stuff without the installer part. PyGecko stuff can even be copied directly leaving out the installer and just the makefile needs to be different (like in hello world for example). And it's probably about half an hour of work for the WUP installer (if at all). I will see if I find the time to do it any time soon. When the kids are in bed I do have a bit of free time sometimes ;). Though if someone else would get to it before me that would be even better.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@dimok:
Sorry to say that it is not as simple as to convert the format but it should be very easy and fast to port it to HBL. Its more or less just copy / paste of the necessary stuff without the installer part. PyGecko stuff can even be copied directly leaving out the installer and just the makefile needs to be different (like in hello world for example). And it's probably about half an hour of work for the WUP installer (if at all). I will see if I find the time to do it any time soon. When the kids are in bed I do have a bit of free time sometimes ;). Though if someone else would get to it before me that would be even better.
I compiled TCPGecko from our wiiudev repo a bit ago, has binaries for all versions it can compile to, WUP I'd have to extract manually, give me like 10 minutes (btw you want the installer, installer installs the codehandler which is what stays in memory to do all the fancy stuff)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-942#post-6271204

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled TCPGecko from our wiiudev repo a bit ago, has binaries for all versions it can compile to, WUP I'd have to extract manually, give me like 10 minutes (btw you want the installer, installer installs the codehandler which is what stays in memory to do all the fancy stuff)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-942#post-6271204
Nah. If you want to do it properly you dont want to have the installer. You write the code directly into the ELF and HBL makes sure it stays in memory ;). Making it use the installer would go against HBLs nature actually (though it shouldnt break the work of it but it's not very clean).

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: here's WUP Installer code532.bin (? it's the only OS "officially" supported so)
If you wanna do this yourself, all you do is open the html or php file, do some replacements to remove
Code:
%u
and then the
Code:
");\n    str    += unescape("
so you have a nice long binary string, copypaste sprayCode str into hex editor, delete the 0xCAFECAFE at the start, that's what findcode uses to find...the code...to copy to JIT, then scroll down to the bottom, do some basic reading to see where the binary ends, libwiiu needs to pad it to 0x8000 for the userspace exploit to work right so it'll have "offsets" like 00003900 00003904 00003908 after all the strings, just select all those and delete them so you have just the binary, tada
Nah. If you want to do it properly you dont want to have the installer. You write the code directly into the ELF and HBL makes sure it stays in memory ;). Making it use the installer would go against HBLs nature actually (though it shouldnt break the work of it but it's not very clean).
Yeah but the only option is delivering this as a browser payload in JIT until someone makes said ELF to use in the homebrew launcher :P

Attachments

• wupinst.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 152

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the only option is delivering this as a browser payload in JIT until someone makes said ELF to use in the homebrew launcher :P
Yes thats what I was talking about. Making an ELF for HBL which then will work on all HBL supported firmwares. I am gonna do it eventually when I find the time. Right now I am busy with a private project I have to write code for an ATmega motor controller for a customer. It's actually more fun than the WiiU :D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr +2