• Views 804,717
  • Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so around 3-4 years ago I remember homebrewing my Wii U, and I think my vWii as well, but I’ve tried to go back to it and I don’t remember how any of this works and am encountering a lot of issues. When I boot up my console it gives me this black screen with a few options. “Launch system menu” works fine but the option to boot homebrew launcher doesn’t work, it gives me this frozen blue screen with bubbles alongside a buzzing sound (both on gamepad and TV). I thought maybe it was outdated files or something so I replaced all the files on my SD Card with updated versions of the ones linked on the Wii U Hacks guide, and am still getting this issue. I tried launching from the Wii U exploit website but that gives the same problem. I tried formatting to FAT32 and am still having this issue. Can someone help?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, so around 3-4 years ago I remember homebrewing my Wii U, and I think my vWii as well, but I’ve tried to go back to it and I don’t remember how any of this works and am encountering a lot of issues. When I boot up my console it gives me this black screen with a few options. “Launch system menu” works fine but the option to boot homebrew launcher doesn’t work, it gives me this frozen blue screen with bubbles alongside a buzzing sound (both on gamepad and TV). I thought maybe it was outdated files or something so I replaced all the files on my SD Card with updated versions of the ones linked on the Wii U Hacks guide, and am still getting this issue. I tried launching from the Wii U exploit website but that gives the same problem. I tried formatting to FAT32 and am still having this issue. Can someone help?
I know this may sound stupid but: Try another SD card.
It wouldn't be the first time this has solved an issue for Wii U homebrew users.

Reactions: jeannotte

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
Heyho guys,
So i'm pretty sure you heard this problem already a thousand times, anyway..
Im Stuck on Homebrew launcher not showing any apps, there is only the bubbly background + music. down right is something written about homebrew launcher beeing version 2.1 dimok bla.
Usually i run haxchi channel and then go to the homebrew launcher channel. in my efforts to fix this issue i removied the hbl channel tho and tried with version 1.4...still the same and weirdly still written 2.1 in the corner.
up til 2 weeks ago i had a running system, homebrew launcher worked just fine.

Infos:
wii u running before haxchi channel on 5.5.5
- I can press home button and exit it, no problem. Its not freezing or anything, he just doesnt see my sd card is what im guessing.
- Im running haxchi i assume, at least i have to start the haxchi channel everytime i start the wii u to enter system version 999999.
- When i start the wii u there is no menu from cbhc, on my sd card there is a cbhc folder tho.
- i tried already 3 different sd cards with different sizes, it doesnt make sense that its not working all of a sudden. fat32 format with cluster size 64 with a programm called guiformat

ALSO
when i try to start the homebrewlauncher over loadiine.ovh or wiiuexploit.xyz then i get the famous fsmountfailed error.

After trying 3 different brands and sizes of sd cards i really doubt its the cards fault....could it be that my sd reader in my wii u just stopped working? can i like reset my wii u without having to hack it again?

I dont get any errors or freezes...homebrew is just not shown

attached a screen of my sd card.
Need help

Attachments

• sdscreen.jpg
    sdscreen.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by Wooshy,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having the cbhc folder on your sd card is irrelevant. if cbhc is installed, the folder serves no purpose other than to uninstall it. there's no autobooting screen? do you have cbhc installed? you can tell for sure if you have the syshax.xml in slc/config , but you'd need ftpii u everywhere to work. the fsmountfailed, I think is an sd card error. sounds like something is wrong with the card reader, yes, if you've used several sd cards.

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
No i do not have cbhc installed, there is no menu after booting and i also cant find a syshax.xml.
Well lets consider the sd card reader of my wii u to be not working right now..
How can i fact check this? is there something on the wii u where you can see if a sd card is plugged in? some kind of menu? ( couldnt find anything like this in system settings ) or maybe an standard app that lets you save camera pics or whatever on sd card?

Would it be hard to open and dismantle the wii u and i dunno...look at the sd card reader for obvious unplugged cables or whatnots?
Or do i have to trash my wii u now because there is no way to do any of those things?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No i do not have cbhc installed, there is no menu after booting and i also cant find a syshax.xml.
Well lets consider the sd card reader of my wii u to be not working right now..
How can i fact check this? is there something on the wii u where you can see if a sd card is plugged in? some kind of menu? ( couldnt find anything like this in system settings ) or maybe an standard app that lets you save camera pics or whatever on sd card?

Would it be hard to open and dismantle the wii u and i dunno...look at the sd card reader for obvious unplugged cables or whatnots?
Or do i have to trash my wii u now because there is no way to do any of those things?
You can check in mii maker as you can transfer miis to the sd card. If you manage to transfer a mii to the sd card then we know the sd card reader is working perfectly fine.

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
well, the weird thing is the homebrew launcher shouldn't work either.
True, that is really bugging me out too. In my wisdom i thought the homebrew launcher is on the sd card so why it can start but not show any apps. but then i thought my wisdom is not so big...maybe it got installed on system memory or something

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can check in mii maker as you can transfer miis to the sd card. If you manage to transfer a mii to the sd card then we know the sd card reader is working perfectly fine.
Ok will try that after work..so like..2 hours from now

Reactions: AmandaRose

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
Hello boys and girls,
So i tried it with the mii maker and got several heart attacks because the wii u said to insert a sd card.
So rational as i am i take out the sd card and blow inside, also blow into the wiiu card reader, turn off the console and try it all again. Still nothing.
I pray to god and the holy madonna take all the god damn breath i have and blow in this card reader because at this point i lost all my hope, suddenly i can save mii's to the sd card and the homebrew works.
using wud installer right now :)
Now what fixed it...my blowing? The Mii maker somehow? Madonna?
i must say its for sure not the first time i blow like a berserk into the sd card+reader since i started to have this problem yesterday evening. And at least with a pocket light i didnt see anything unsual at the contacts and whatnots

Last edited by Wooshy,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the wii u normally comes with a dust jacket/protector over the sd card slot like the wii does. mine doesn't have one at least, not sure if it fell off, but I don't remember ever having one with the wind waker version of the console.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm like one of the most confusing guys, but, where is the Install version of Homebrew? I have WuP Installer installed on the Wii U, so, where exactly is it? (I'm just confused)
What do you mean with " I have the WUP installer installed" ?
If you have installed a forwarder for WUP installer, then its on your Wii U Menu.
If you just put a file on the SD Card, then you have to launch WUP Installer by going to the Homebrew Launcher.

Last edited by Der_Blockbuster,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tell that to Psi, he'll tell you otherwise lol.