Homebrew HomeBrew Loader Poll "Success rate"

Have you installed the HBL successfully?

• Total voters

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: The issue has been resolved, the devs have updated their codes.

Homebrew loader is out, it's loading great for most people, however there are a few of us out there that no matter what, the HBL isn't working, and is left hanging after clicking install. This is a poll to gather data to see how wide spread the issue is.

Last edited by heartgold,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like most of people having problems is resolved by troubleshooting the SD card. Format your SD with "guiformat" and then try again. Or format your SD with the switch itself and then try. I've seen this work for multiple users. It has to be fat32

Last edited by Kafluke,

SAKyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like most of people having problems is resolved by troubleshooting the SD card. Format your SD with "guiformat" and then try again. Or format your SD with the switch itself and then try. I've seen this work for multiple users. It has to be fat32
Saw this suggested somewhere else to reformat via the switch, tried that, still 2011-0301. Saw this decided i would check and sure enough It was exfat so i used guiformat to format to fat32 still, 2011-0301. Open to any other suggestions.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. Or format your SD with the switch itself and then try.

I tried formatting the SD card twice but I still can't get it to work... (my SD card could be bad, but I don't have a spare micro SD card to test with).

This is probably a blessing in disguise TBH since I need to focus on my studies anyway.

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for me it works using an exfat formatted sd, so fat32 is not needed on the switch.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it exfat users having success while fat32 users aren't or something? When I put an exfat or large enough ntfs drive into the switch it asks for an update. I have been warned it could contain a firmware update idk how. I'm just wondering if we need that part of the firmware that supports sdxc to make this work?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
User @ballcity has a good theory:

For what it's worth, I was able to fix this. However, I am not about to go through writing a full tutorial.

In a nutshell, you have to install the 'vanilla' Pegaswitch console. Once that is done and connected to your switch, you have to run the SetupNew.js by executing "eval usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" followed by running "runnro installer.nro", but first copying the HBL installer.nro to your pegaswitch root directory.

Of importance here: SetupNew.js sets your switch to allow unsigned NRO execution (ease_nro_restriction -> 1). It looks like this is a permanent setting on the switch. I had to run this twice, and the installer.nro twice. The first time I ran SetupNew.js it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 0 when I started. Fine. The second time I ran it, it said "ease_nro_restriction" was 1 when I started. Woah! It must save this setting for good. This also feeds into the hypothesis that, for those that have this WORKING, probably ran Pegaswitch before and had this NRO setting set to "1" properly before.

It is said that HBL should be setting this to "1" by itself. However, I just don't think appears to be the case.

Anyway, once the above is done and you get your "1337" screen from running installer.nro through vanilla pegaswitch (took me two tries), you can move back to the normal HBL method, click "Run" and eventually will be able to access HBL through your Albums page.

Tokez

Trophies
XP
Country
i heard that in order for it to install, you must have had pegaswitch installed before installing HBL.
has anyone been able to instal HBL without installing pegaswitch???

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was just tested with two people in the Reswitched discord and it instantly fixed the issue for both of them, pretty sure this is the cause right here. Those who have successfully run HBL are the ones who ran PegaSwitch by itself in the past.

Makes sense. I used a Pegaswitch server to reset the RTC so I could play FLOG. The first thing the server ran was SetupNew.js.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro