Homebrew Suggestion Homebrew/Port Wishlist

dhalucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to kidna sum everything up. A RetroArch Port would be nice.
I would love to see beat em up stuff like Mugen/Paintown/OpenBOR and stuff you would generally find on an RetroPie installation.
Since we already can dualboot linux on the switch these shouldn't be impossible.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Priority list #1 Nintendo 64- please bring a good emulator, I have still yet to see N64 emulation on the switch
#2 Gamecube - I believe their is already footage of Dolphin emulation on the switch so this is good news ;)
#3 Playstation 2 - Im not too sure yet how well this run on the switch, but if gamecube emulation can run then this seems like a possibility
#4 Playstation 1 - Another emulator I would like to see running on the switch
#5 Snes - Although low down the list, its only because I have already seen it run through atmosphere.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Dumper (let you play your cartridge games on the console, not for piracy purposes...kind of like a modded Xbox would do)
SNES Emulator with MSU-1 audio support
Ports of other emulators (such as Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive with 32X and Sega CD support and TG-16/PCE with CD support, NES Emulator with NetPlay ability)

I am sure ALL of these will happen, but mainly what I want. As a bonus, maybe NetFlix support? I know I have a phone and laptop, but still, I think the Switch could be good with NetFlix (Nintendo may release an official one in an update though)

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Since I am on 4.1.0, I would like to see working versions of the RetroArch cores, but those would likely get released after Atmosphere.
In the meantime, until that happens, I'm hoping for working NES, SNES, Atari Lynx, Sega 32X/CD (although PFBA may or may not support that one) and PSX emulators on 4.x/5.x.
I would also like to see N64, Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy, WonderSwan, Dreamcast?, and GameCube. However, I don't see Wii emulation on the Switch could happen in the near future as it wouldn't be as 100% compatible as older consoles. We know the Switch has a limit to how powerful it is, even when it's more powerful than the Wii U and perhaps even the PS3.
Also, a version of Hekate that supports sleep mode would save a lot of pain and anguish.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well not sure it qualifies as homebrew or such but; I would like folders ... plain and simple.

Why?
I want to see what is digital / physical in one look
I want to see what I have completed, am currently playing, what is planned next.

Pretty sure I am not the only one wanting something as 'simple' as that ;)

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
im still crossing my fingers for a jre, hopefully an openjdk port. since the freebsd theory was debunked it may not be the easiest port ever, but its bound to happen given how popular java is for lightweight applications

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9agLk1_faxk