Homebrew Titles (FBI, Universal Updater, Anemone, etc.) Missing From Home Screen (and possibly 3ds?)

st00ph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, this is my first time posting on a thread online and I am a super noob when it comes to CFW (my friend installed it for me) -- I apologize for any confusion.

So last year I went through the modding process completely for my 2DS. After I got everything installed on a new SD card, I wanted to put the content from my old SD card (games, saves, themes, camera roll, etc.) onto the new one. Obviously I should have done that before modding but I didn't think about it.

Anyways, I copied the files from the old sd into the new one (making sure not to overwrite anything?) and I ended up making all of the homebrew applications disappear from the home screen (except for hshop???). I followed the entire process online so they should be on there somewhere, I think, but the only .cia file I can find is FBI. I can access FBI only by using the Rosalina menu (through DS download play). There are a lot of red tickets in the titles folder, I don't know if this means anything. I ignored this problem for a while, since I still had access to hshop and didn't really need to use any of the missing apps for my purposes, but now I want to get the Twilight Menu and I'm pretty sure I need the Universal Updater for that?

I thought about going through the installation/finalization steps again, but I didn't wanna mess anything up in case the files are still on here somewhere. Is there a way to check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought about going through the installation/finalization steps again, but I didn't wanna mess anything up in case the files are still on here somewhere. Is there a way to check?

That's actually what i recommend doing first, if you can access FBI with Rosalina then just try reinstalling all your homebrew again.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html

I guess you could just install Universal-Updater and download everything else from there too.

st00ph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I went through the installation process again using the link you provided and everything is back on the home screen and functional! I may have been a little overly cautious, haha. Thank you so much!

Just one more question, should I be worried at all about the long list of red title IDs in the Titles folder? Are they safe to erase or is it better to just leave them be?

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I went through the installation process again using the link you provided and everything is back on the home screen and functional! I may have been a little overly cautious, haha. Thank you so much!

Just one more question, should I be worried at all about the long list of red title IDs in the Titles folder? Are they safe to erase or is it better to just leave them be?

If everything is working fine i would just ignore it. I've seen people deleting IDs in the past and fucking up their system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ