Homebrew HomemenuHax 2.0 released by yellows8 - Custom themes, *hax2.5 payloads and more

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be just placebo effect, but Smealum released some new payloads an hour or two ago, and it seems to have fixed my abysmal boot rate with menuhax 2.0, freezing roughly 1 in 8 times now. I'm also going to try tweaking the 3 second delay in menuhax itself to see if that helps my particular n3ds.
How does one acquire these new payloads? Just reinstall Ninjhax?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just downloaded menuhax 2.0 and installed it, now it won't trigger :/ I'm on 10.1 on n3DS and tried launching it as default config, with custom theme or with a custom theme and trigger reconfigured on L.

Luckily I still have ironhax, any ideas on what I did wrong ?

OK, so I read someone saying you need to enter System settings then quit it with X while keeping L pressed. For some reason it works that way, but is there a way to make it work the "classic" way ?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason why themehax_installer doesn't show up in home brew menu? I put the folder in the Nintendo 3ds folder but when I boot into in the menu, nothing. I have an old 3ds 9.2.0-20, with rxtools. I was booting homebrew menu with browserhax (which works perfect for me also)

I have an emu and if that messes anything up but it shouldn't, I just know I'm missing something simple here

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why themehax_installer doesn't show up in home brew menu? I put the folder in the Nintendo 3ds folder but when I boot into in the menu, nothing. I have an old 3ds 9.2.0-20, with rxtools. I was booting homebrew menu with browserhax (which works perfect for me also)

I have an emu and if that messes anything up but it shouldn't, I just know I'm missing something simple here
There's your problem right there... it doesn't go in the Nintendo 3ds folder, it goes in the 3ds folder.

Last edited by Shadowtrance,
Reactions: 4gionz

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Are you sure you didn't overlook it? It's called menuhax as of 2.0 now. It has a greyish-green icon like this:
icon.png

If not, then perhaps make sure that the 3dsx and xml files in your themehax_installer are named themehax_installer.3dsx and themehax_installer.xml (they need to be named the same as your folder).

Edit: Nevermind, @Shadowtrance spotted the real problem.

Reactions: 4gionz

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you didn't overlook it? It's called menuhax as of 2.0 now. It has a greyish-green icon like this:
icon.png

If not, then perhaps make sure that the 3dsx and xml files in your themehax_installer are named themehax_installer.3dsx and themehax_installer.xml (they need to be named the same as your folder).

Edit: Nevermind, @Shadowtrance spotted the real problem.
Thanks both of you

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
As with any other program that allows for custom images, is it only a matter of time before a custom boot screen repository pops up? Because if so...
View attachment 28773

Is there already somewhere full of 3D images made for view on 3DS that are in this format?
You bette rpost that stuff in HERE

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any reason to update this unless you want custom splash screen?

I would say it depends on what your setup is. If you're on themehax 1.3 with a hax 2.5 payload, no, not really. If you're on themehax 1.3 with a hax 2.1 payload, do you want HANS and the other new features 2.5 brought? If so, you might want menuhax 2.0 (but you could also just update your existing 2.1 payload to 2.5).

Or if themehax 1.3 + hax 2.1 was unstable for you, maybe 2.0 will be better.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfect explanation thank you.

I'm on themehax 1.3 with a hax 2.5 payload. Its very stable 100% boot. Will keep it the way it is.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
why does this new menuhax doesn't boot anything else than homebrew launcher? I got "An error has happened" with ctrbootmanager and rxtools latest nightly. I can't just coldboot into emunand anymore?

Heads up: Ok got it working, but some functions are not supported on n3ds. Things like changing the basic theme on sysnand. Also, be careful: booting [ menuhax 2.0 -> ctrbootmanager autoboot 0 -> rxtools ] blocks rxtools graphic input to the screens so if you use L trigger to see rxtools config, you won't see a thing. Don't misunderstand me, the menu is there but you don't see it. In fact in that scenario A -> Y boots emunand and A -> X boots sysnand.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
D

Deleted-236924

Can someone confirm, that the screenshot function isn't working with menuhax?
It is working for me... a bit too well, in fact. It takes a screenshot when I press the Home button, but also takes a screenshot if I power off with the power button >.>

Reported that to smea yesterday, no idea if he saw it, but it wasn't fixed in the new updated payloads from last night. :c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1