Homebrew HomemenuHax 2.0 released by yellows8 - Custom themes, *hax2.5 payloads and more

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Or the applets if you're on O3DS. ;)
I'm on old 3DS and for some reason this doesn't work, whenever I try to close the applet holding L, the "returning to home" screen just hangs in there forever until I release L, in which case it'll give me a generic error message. Any idea on what could this be?

I'm using a custom theme and custom load screen already. I can launch HBL just fine from normal boot and system settings, but the applets would be much faster.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, was able to switch to my official MH4U theme I bought off the theme store after installing this and it still works fine with no other setup, don't have to put up with the plain homescreen anymore.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... wtf? First and foremost this only works on sysnand now and secondly you can no longer go power-button -> home-button -> assigned button = HAX. You have to restart the system every time you want to load once it has already booted up regularly. What gives?

D

Deleted-236924

If we are using existing version (1.3 here) can we simply upgrade over itself OR do we need to remove the current version first ?

Does this only work on 2.5 ninja or support older versions ?

Thank you in advance
I upgraded over 1.3 without uninstalling first.
I think it should support 2.1 if you got the 2.1 ropbin payload and replaced it on the SD card.

Reactions: peteruk

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if my only method of entering HBL *is* the last version of themehax and neither tubehax or browserhax or any cart entry point.....am i screwed?

and if i could somehow upgrade then how would i?

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
so if my only method of entering HBL *is* the last version of themehax and neither tubehax or browserhax or any cart entry point.....am i screwed?

and if i could somehow upgrade then how would i?

I installed it using themehax over my old installation no problem, I use FTPbrony to transfer stuff over as its pain with the N3DS to get the card to the PC, I just transferred over the new one and deleted the old folder before returning to the HBC to install it using the new installer. I did have the N3DS solution for browserhax as backup though so I didn't mind risking it, I can't say for sure if it's guaranteed to work but it seems fine to do so, even the readme says it can be used if it was previously installed as well as other people so shouldn't be a problem.

From the Readme: "You must already have a way to boot into the payload for running this app(which can include menuhax if it's already setup)"

Can't comment if deleting the old files work from the SD via a PC as I never left the HBC inbetween or if it's even neccesary, the installer made it sound like it wasn't necessary other than to avoid confusion.

Last edited by G25900,
Reactions: Battousi05

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does somebody have the same issue than me or know how to fix it? It worked perfectly before I installed menuhax.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with any other program that allows for custom images, is it only a matter of time before a custom boot screen repository pops up? Because if so...
imagedisplay.png

Is there already somewhere full of 3D images made for view on 3DS that are in this format?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This could be just placebo effect, but Smealum released some new payloads an hour or two ago, and it seems to have fixed my abysmal boot rate with menuhax 2.0, freezing roughly 1 in 8 times now. I'm also going to try tweaking the 3 second delay in menuhax itself to see if that helps my particular n3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +2