Homebrew Hori-HD Image Gallery - Demonstration of the 800px wide mode

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cp2 runs on 3ds?

Runs pretty well in Retroarch on New3DS, yes. (Some branch of FBA I think...) No 800px mode though.

Smudgy CPS2 in the correct aspect ratio would at least be an option. Right now you are practically locked into a fat 16:10 AR or just completely dropping pixels to squish it to 4:3.

Holy grail would be applying this to GBA games, for a perfect 3x horizontal upscale (while still doing 1.5x vertical scale).

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: placebo_yue

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to modify the source code of the hori viewer to add your own png files? How would I do this?
If you have no coding knowledge, then just simply replace the included .png files with your own.
If you do have some coding knowledge, I suggest looking in "main.cpp", and see what's going on.

For graphics, check in "assets/gfx/" for the game logos, and "assets/gfx_gameshots/" for the 800px screenshots.
.t3s files are included, which contain the path to the respective .png file, and also allow the image(s) to be converted to a 3DS image format called .t3x.

Bazooka_Face

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have no coding knowledge, then just simply replace the included .png files with your own.
If you do have some coding knowledge, I suggest looking in "main.cpp", and see what's going on.

For graphics, check in "assets/gfx/" for the game logos, and "assets/gfx_gameshots/" for the 800px screenshots.
.t3s files are included, which contain the path to the respective .png file, and also allow the image(s) to be converted to a 3DS image format called .t3x.
How do I set everything up to compile the source code?

Bazooka_Face

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do I set everything up to compile the source code?

Bazooka_Face

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried it? I haven't, that's why I am curious on how the results compare to a "real" 800px mode...
Yes, i have tried it. It only makes the image a 3d image in 2d, so its like in the camera photo channel when you turn on 3d with a 2d image, with the image getting a weird look to it, where viewing angles create this vertical dark line on the screen if viewed at the wrong angle.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bazooka_Face

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried it? I haven't, that's why I am curious on how the results compare to a "real" 800px mode...
Yes, i have tried it. It only makes the image a 3d image in 2d, so its like in the camera photo channel when you turn on 3d with a 2d image, with the image getting a weird look to it, where viewing angles create this vertical dark line on the screen if viewed at the wrong angle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok goodnight ya, I'm heading to the bar to shoot some pool. And no spamming my profile page... +2