Hori to Release Three USB GameCube Controllers for the Switch

upload_2018-7-24_18-36-14.png

The legendary maker of third party accessories again looks to please consumers in announcing three new GameCube-themed USB controllers for the Nintendo Switch. Accounting for the additional required buttons for the console, an extra shoulder button has been added for ZL, and the space where Start would otherwise sit has been fitted with the additional Minus, Home, and Screenshot buttons. On top of this, the controller boasts a three-stage rapid fire feature functional with each button, including the D-Pad.

upload_2018-7-24_18-43-8.png

Available in October in the above designs, would you like to see these controllers come west? Would you buy them for the upcoming release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or would you rather use the official GameCube adapter? Let us know your thoughts.

:arrow: Source

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, this looks awesome! I'd probably want the Zelda one, of only because it looks most like my og black controller. The addition of the zl sounds great too. Hmm, we'll only have to guess at the quality until they come out though.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be amazing if Nintendo officially released Gamecube controllers again like they did for Smash4. Could use another wave of GCN controllers :)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be amazing if Nintendo officially released Gamecube controllers again like they did for Smash4. Could use another wave of GCN controllers :)
They did actually lol

upload_2018-7-25_0-32-12.png

:arrow: Source

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Hori makes damn good controllers, IMO, so this looks like a great deal. I do wonder about the C-stick, however.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might have considered getting one if they weren't character themed. Something about these types of controllers always gets me.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I wouldnt be mad if these controllers were enhanced for a better grip. O hated old controllers who doesnt have good ergonomics. Like the ps3 controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wouldnt be mad if these controllers were enhanced for a better grip. I hated old controllers who doesnt have good ergonomics. Like the ps3 controller.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The analog input of the triggers wasn't used by Smash Bros. games anyway and nintendo probably will never again use analog triggers so I think this may be worth an investment.
With the gamecube you had more cable though which was also nice.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The analog input of the triggers wasn't used by Smash Bros. games anyway and nintendo probably will never again use analog triggers so I think this may be worth an investment.
With the gamecube you had more cable though which was also nice.
In SSB Meele your shield changed depending on how much you pressed the trigger.

Reactions: Vorde

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are nice! Been a big supportor of Hori for a while now. Since i play a lot of fighting games & use fighsticks & hori does some nice stuff. Might have to get the black & the red one.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH