Horizon Forbidden West delayed to 2022, Horizon Zero Dawn gets 60fps PS5 patch

sadddasasd.png

Following an insider report from Bloomberg, it has been confirmed that Horizon Forbidden West has indeed been delayed. The game has been pushed back slightly from holiday of this year and has now settled on a release date of February 18, 2022. Guerrilla Games explained that the delay was difficult, but will ensure that the developers will have a "healthy work/life balance", and will make sure the game is polished when it does launch. To compensate for the delay, a new patch has been put out for Horizon Zero Dawn, which updates the game to run at a full 60fps when played on PlayStation 5 consoles.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
congratulation PS5 players! now you can have the same experience that a PC gamer with a gtx 1660 have since last year!

Seriously, I don't get this closed list thing to gains in performance. It should be automatic if not for everything, for every first party title. Series consoles use this dumb list of lucky games as well.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
congratulation PS5 players! now you can have the same experience that a PC gamer with a gtx 1660 have since last year!

Seriously, I don't get this closed list thing to gains in performance. It should be automatic if not for everything, for every first party title. Series consoles use this dumb list of lucky games as well.
Completely different CPU and GPU architectures between last gen and current gen, this leads to unexpected behaviour without patches. Assassin's Creed and Mafia 3 come to mind - there's a reason why certain PS4 games have a warning screen before they boot. It's not a simple upgrade, the API's are lower level compared to a PC, which is how consoles squeeze out extra performance compared to equivalent SKU's on desktop. Not only that, some parts of the chips are straight up custom with no equivalent whatsoever.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that's not a bad way to compensate, I was wondering when it'd get a 60 fps patch

Completely different CPU and GPU architectures between last gen and current gen, this leads to unexpected behaviour without patches. Assassin's Creed and Mafia 3 come to mind - there's a reason why certain PS4 games have a warning screen before they boot. It's not a simple upgrade, the API's are lower level compared to a PC, which is how consoles squeeze out extra performance compared to equivalent SKU's on desktop. Not only that, some parts of the chips are straight up custom with no equivalent whatsoever.
What's weird is the same games run mostly stable on Series X consoles. AC3 Remastered comes to mind, looks great at 60 fps, I can't go back to playing it at 30. Wished more PS4 games got a 60 fps boost, but I can imagine it's not easy to implement.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Moon164

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pretty sure this game will run on an iGPU if you turn down the settings...
If you have one of the lastest amd apus sure, with stuttering and lower quality than console (well, maybe same than ps4 but with unstable framerate), and at higher price, so what is your point?

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guerrilla Games explained that the delay was difficult, but will ensure that the developers will have a "healthy work/life balance", and will make sure the game is polished when it does launch.​
Health work/life balance...I call fuckin bull shit...this game has now been pushed back OVER A YEAR. How the fuck did you expect to have it done a year ago and now blame the delay on healthy work/life balance. Starting to wonder if these people are qualified to work at McDonald's.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Health work/life balance...I call fuckin bull shit...this game has now been pushed back OVER A YEAR. How the fuck did you expect to have it done a year ago and now blame the delay on healthy work/life balance. Starting to wonder if these people are qualified to work at McDonald's.
Eh, look at games like No Mans Sky and Cyberpunk. Both games that were delayed for very considerable amounts of time and still were found unfinished on release.

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have one of the lastest amd apus sure, with stuttering and lower quality than console (well, maybe same than ps4 but with unstable framerate), and at higher price, so what is your point?
Nah it'll run with decent frame pacing on a 3500u laptop, look it up. Does look like shit tho. Point being you can play most PS4 games on a potato if you really want to, no need for a 1$K rig.

He has no point, he's just shitposting
Rude...:angry:

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, look at games like No Mans Sky and Cyberpunk. Both games that were delayed for very considerable amounts of time and still were found unfinished on release.
What do either of those 2 train wrecks have to do with this....are you saying after over a year of delays this 1 will be stacked next to those unfinished turds waiting for a patch to make it playable....or are you saying they where both delayed due to unhealthy work/home balance. I don't see what your comparison is between what I said and the 2 unfinished piles you mentioned. Point is why set a date to only miss it by over a year then try using a healthy work/home balance as a half ass excuse. It's obvious the damn thing wasn't any where near complete when the first date was set.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually believe the healthy work/home balance reason as I think they are scared about all the lawsuits flying around these days. The original plan was probably to work the devs into the ground to make the earlier date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Read the reviews