Horror fishing adventure game 'Drowned Lake' announced

drowned lake.png

During this week's PC Gaming Show, indie developer Monumental Collab and publisher CRITICAL REFLEX announced Drowned Lake, a story-driven horror fishing game with survival elements. For the occasion, a trailer was aired:

Deep in Brazil’s coastal forest is the Drowned Lake, an area of folk tales and legends, where many who trespass never return. When Bento, a student in his twenties, goes missing in this sinister place, it sets off a twisted story to discover the truth. Explore your surroundings by boat from a top-down perspective, collecting evidence with a fishing rod, while solving puzzles in first-person adventure-like segments. But try to avoid disturbing these troubled waters too much. Remember: you're not safe here.

Key features of Drowned Lake include:
  • A Non-linear Horror Story, Told From Three Perspectives: Explore the most forbidding reaches of the forest as a firefighter, a journalist and an elderly fisherman. Unravel the mystery and each character’s true motives in an interactive narrative where your choices matter.
  • Scour Dark Waters for the Truth: Collect evidence and uncover what hides beneath the surface of the Drowned Lake by exploring, fishing, investigating, and solving puzzles.
  • Beware Making Noise: As you probe the forest’s farthest depths, your choices and actions may increase your noise level, attracting unwanted attention from the horrors of the night.
  • Discover the Nightmares of Brazilian Folklore: Experience a tragic, twisted tale inspired by the unique melting pot of Brazilian culture and mythology.
  • Investigate in First-Person Mode: Navigate narrow areas, complete intricate puzzles, and experience the true terrors the darkness hides in first-person POV sections inspired by escape rooms and classic horror games.
Drowned Lake is in development for PC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horror fishing, this genre seems mostly untapped.
Likely can't hild a candle to the unintentional horror of bad fishing games and Sonic Adventure Big fishing stages but thats more of a different kind of horror.
I joke this actually looks really good and I hope tobsee more horror fiahing games.

Reactions: Phearoz

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horror fishing, this genre seems mostly untapped.
Likely can't hild a candle to the unintentional horror of bad fishing games and Sonic Adventure Big fishing stages but thats more of a different kind of horror.
I joke this actually looks really good and I hope tobsee more horror fiahing games.
I liked fishing more than the knuckles missions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game