How big is your...

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Haha I still can't believe how people an have music libraries of over 50GB... well maybe cause they like every music genre ever existed
tongue.gif

Do you guys actually listen to all of it or just keep huge libs to show off/just for fun?

I've listened to everything I have out of the 100 gigs at least once.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 108GB total (just checked)

Holy shit I didn't even know I've exceeded 100GB LOL.

I've been in and out of music phases.. Rock, Alt. Rock, Screamo, Various Metal, Jrock, Jpop, Kpop, Cpop, Rap, Hip-Hop, Trance, Hardcore Trance, Hardstyle off the top of my head.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Salamantis said:
Haha I still can't believe how people an have music libraries of over 50GB... well maybe cause they like every music genre ever existed
tongue.gif

Do you guys actually listen to all of it or just keep huge libs to show off/just for fun?
If you spend a lot of time listening to music a big collection doesn't seem so big anymore. I also believe in the "album" concept, I only listen to complete albums.

On the other hand, I don't get people who listen to single tracks only (and they might even narrow that down to only one genre). You don't really like an artists music, but you're listening to one single track over and over again? That time is better spend by searching for artists and genres whose music you *really* enjoy, in my honest opinion. It takes a while and a lot of listening work to develop a real taste for what you like and what you don't like, but once you know that listening is a lot more pleasurable.

You just have to get active yourself, it's a bit harder then just turning up the radio and surrounding yourself with mainstream music.

The point is, there is so much music out there, it'd really be a waste to throw your time away on stuff you don't like. Through the internet we all have access to the biggest music archive in history of mankind. Nearly everything is there, for free, just has to be taken up. We're looking at ~90 years of recorded music here. The only thing I'm wondering about is that my music collection is still so small.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got something like 25GB of music. It's a pretty eclectic collection too. I’ve got everything from Bob Marley to AC/DC. Ah, good times.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
in the process of revamping my collection, but i'm at about... 30.14 GB. Add another 1-2 GB that I'm transferring from a friends' computer. doing album art/album compilations all at once is a pain
sleep.gif
(according to iTunes (14.2 days worth of music!)

as far as what i actually listen to...maybe half that...its so hard to get through it all. Discographys ftw!

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've listened to all of my stuff. Constantly on the lookout for more, too. I've got everything from noise/IDM/ambient to Terrorcore/Death Metal to Latin/Salsa/Bossa Nova to tribal African to American Blues/Jazz/Fusion to Black power/Underground/Gangster Hip-Hop to Dancehall/Roots/Dub to Intelligent/Jazzstep to Soul/Funkadelic/R&B to spoken word to industrial to DJ/Turntablism to comedy albums to subliminal/hypnosis even muthafukin Country/Bluegrass. I believe there are true artisans in every field of "music". If you love it, you will hunt down what you need. I also subscribe to the notion that a true artist/band can craft at least one good album. One track is like dumb luck (even though there are historically a lot of those at least on the pop charts).

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberxion said:
I've got something like 25GB of music. It's a pretty eclectic collection too. I’ve got everything from Bob Marley to AC/DC. Ah, good times.
That's not a very good example of a vast range of genre.

Mine is just over a gig. I'm starting to get into albums, as of recent. Getting rid of my single tracks replacing them with the whole album. I like it better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol