How can I remove CRT Transfer/Region Unlock?

AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used CTR Transfer to region unlock my 3ds, but when I tried to play Pokémon Sun and Smash Bros it just crashes, I read somewhere that it was because of the region-unlock and that extended memory games just don't work/open when you have it, so now I wish to go back and remove the region-unlock! but I can't find anywhere how to do it, when I formatted my 3ds it just starts with the region unlocked and does the same error again! How can I fix it?

Also, CFW already read region-locked games, so I don't think I need the region-unlocker

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used CTR Transfer to region unlock my 3ds, but when I tried to play Pokémon Sun and Smash Bros it just crashes, I read somewhere that it was because of the region-unlock and that extended memory games just don't work/open when you have it, so now I wish to go back and remove the region-unlock! but I can't find anywhere how to do it, when I formatted my 3ds it just starts with the region unlocked and does the same error again! How can I fix it?

Also, CFW already read region-locked games, so I don't think I need the region-unlocker
The guide also does mention that you do have the System Format the console once the region change is done to fix that. Please backup anything of importance and do the system format.

Reactions: CoolMe

AaronFerb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The guide also does mention that you do have the System Format the console once the region change is done to fix that. Please backup anything of importance and do the system format.
I followed a guide on Youtube that didn't mentioned that :wacko:, I will be trying to do this then, if it solves I will be posting an answer on the thread informing, thanks!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed a guide on Youtube that didn't mentioned that :wacko:, I will be trying to do this then, if it solves I will be posting an answer on the thread informing, thanks!
This why u never follow YT guidez they r only there for clicks and views they don't give a fuck about u or your device it's all about money

Reactions: impeeza

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used CTR Transfer to region unlock my 3ds
Correction: Region change. Since once you install cfw, you can play 3DS games from all regions.
so now I wish to go back and remove the region-unlock!
That's not how it works. You chose to do it, even if you didn't need to, but you did it anyway..
If you think going back to the original region so you can get the eShop access back just forget it. If not, yes, just follow the same guide to change to your original region.
when I formatted my 3ds it just starts with the region unlocked and does the same error again! How can I fix it?
What error? When you try to play an extended memory game? I thought you had already formatted the system afterward doing the region change?
Yet, you did it anyway.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...