Hacking How can I rom hack PSP isos?

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm limited to Android so how can I change a level in a PSP iso via hex editor? I wanna change the Tricky 21 level on the Lemmings PSP game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might want to wait a little while long before bumping things -- that is way early in the morning for most of Europe and still morning when you bumped.

You probably do want a windows machine to do any ROM hacking.

UMDgen is the main tool people use to pull apart PSP isos. It has nice abilities like relinking as well. I believe it is a fairly standard iso format so anything that handles them should do it. If it is ciso for some reason then it is compressed so will need to sort that.

Once you pull it apart then you are more or less on your own -- the PSP was powerful enough that standard formats like we might have seen on the DS really weren't as much of a thing. By all means check the usual sources though.

Main exception is the eboot.bin is the binary that runs on the CPU, though it can house more than just code and can include many different things (text, graphics, music...). I would be surprised if it included a level but it is far from impossible, especially if the game has seriously custom stuff or limited levels.

Reactions: AntiPirgos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la