Hacking Question how close is piracy on switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say we're pretty far. No insider knowledge, but from loadiine as an example - it was a few monrhs before commercial games could be played. And we don't have anything like that yet.

Total guess at least 6 months, maybe longer.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
how close is piracy on switch? 1.0.0-3.0.0 have hbmenu, can we see a homebrew like Loadiine for the switch?

It really depends on whoever is working on the switch now that the floodgates have been opened. If a person or several people come together and actually use what SciresM has released to the public Im sure we could have a something similar to loadiine or if sciresM patches atmosphere to run unsigned code then we won't even need loadiine just a way to run the game off of the SD

Last edited by Sephirosu,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't think it's that far away. I don't understand why people on here act like they are so against piracy when this site is dedicated to hacking hardware and modding hardware. Along with these hacks, comes piracy. There are people out there that just like homebrew and emulators (yet, using ROMs downloaded off the internet is still piracy)

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its funny how others say that they are agents piracy but for homebrew and will play emulators and download there roms offline and say that they are not commenting piracy and really think this and I see this all the time here.
As for a real cfw though that will allow backups I think we will have one by or before aug.

darkfires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't care much about paying for the games, but I assume if piracy gets enabled it would also let us play games that are restricted to newer firmware. Dying to play mario odyssey but I don't want to update to play it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care much about paying for the games, but I assume if piracy gets enabled it would also let us play games that are restricted to newer firmware. Dying to play mario odyssey but I don't want to update to play it.
Me my self i buy all of my games but what i like doing is game mods/or if lets say that that one gamecube zelda game never makes it to VC.

Hr-Ken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Mario odyssey is a bit overrated. It's a cool and beautiful game,but for the mario players that are into really challenging levels like the old school 2d mario or even mario 3d world on wii u it's a bit of a letdown. Just my opinion

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I don't think it's that far away. I don't understand why people on here act like they are so against piracy when this site is dedicated to hacking hardware and modding hardware. Along with these hacks, comes piracy. There are people out there that just like homebrew and emulators (yet, using ROMs downloaded off the internet is still piracy)
This is gbatemp, what do you really expect? There will always be people getting annoyed over a simple question like this for example

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Locking this topic as any answer at this point in time is speculation. Switch hacking is coming right along, but there's no telling when exactly it will be possible to pirate a game or not. So until that moment you will just have to passively wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken secret tactic to expose them, "I was told you where a really bad person, now I'm not so sure." Watch who they tear into, that's the person who is doing that crap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say this person said this about you and let it play out
    Fight lies with truth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't want me to snitch don't treat me any different
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, new version of rock paper scissors: truth lies
    hipocrisy
    +1
    My ex fiance was a master liar, manipulator and hypocrite. An actual diagnosed psychopath.
    They are not even human in my opinion.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Psionic Roshambo I have alot of family that lives in St pete, Clearwater, Tampa area, what part of FL you in?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    what is good, family
    Elfers Florida lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Where is that, city close to
    Lived in Hudson from 1999-2023
    Like hmm 45 minutes north of Tampa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Is nice down there, better than Ohio where I am, but I can't take the heat, year round