Homebrew How could I inject my Pokémon Gold VBA save file into my non-hacked 3DS?

Lt. Lynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
your going to need to use tool to convert Emulator Saves for Gen II from an Emulator they wont work right out the door. https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1256-save-converter-for-gen-ii-vc-games/ and this should also do the trick, http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-fix-pokemon-gen-2-emulator-save-to-virtual-console-fix.471057/ was able to import my Physical Cart's save that way (ala Retron5 Dump)
well it simple open the save file with hex editor and delete the last 2 lines

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys talking about? You don't lose ANYTHING during a DSiWare transfer. You're supposed to restore your sysnand backup to your source console after the fact, and use the SD card from THAT console in the target. Literally everything but your saves copies, your games are still installed but need the tickets. Other than that the ONLY thing that's transferred that requires a reverse transfer after 7 days is your NNID if you have one. Otherwise, when you're done both of your systems will be identical as far CFW/software (unless you did it for a friend and uninstall stuff after the fact).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys talking about? You don't lose ANYTHING during a DSiWare transfer. You're supposed to restore your sysnand backup to your source console after the fact, and use the SD card from THAT console in the target. Literally everything but your saves copies, your games are still installed but need the tickets. Other than that the ONLY thing that's transferred that requires a reverse transfer after 7 days is your NNID if you have one. Otherwise, when you're done both of your systems will be identical as far CFW/software (unless you did it for a friend and uninstall stuff after the fact).
Without access to a save game manager like JKSM via a homebrew entrypoint, all of the save data on the target 3DS is lost during the DSiWare method of installing CFW.

Reactions: Lt. Lynx

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without access to a save game manager like JKSM via a homebrew entrypoint, all of the save data on the target 3DS is lost during the DSiWare method of installing CFW.
True didn't think of that because but most people are using a new DS as the target with DSiWare. If they're doing it for a friend, they should warn them before hand. Most people I've done it for (since they didn't have CFW) mostly used carts, so the saves were never an issue.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought, I didn't remember losing anything when I did a DSiWareHax for a couple of 11.2 consoles last year.

I had OoTHax so that's why I didn't lose anything. Huh, didn't think of that.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters