Hacking How do I fix my mods on Sys 11.10.0-43U?

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The mods that are currently busted on my 3DS include the likes of Boot NTR: NTR CFW Selector (Version 2.9), CIAngel, and FBI. My nephew updated my 3DS so many times by now I don't know where to reset my 3DS to, and now all of these mods aren't working. Luma3DS Updater, Luma3DS, and apparently GodMode9 still work, but these other mods I've mentioned don't. Any advice or word on how to get them back up again?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When you say "they don't work" what do you mean? Probably just install updated versions and update your B9S installation if needed (hold Select on boot, if it says you have Luma 7.1 follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s and if it says you have Luma 7.0.5 or less follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if it says you have anything higher just download the latest Luma from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace your boot.firm).

Also CIAngel will no longer work, ever (Nintendo fixed the loophole that allowed it to work).

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
When you say "they don't work" what do you mean? Probably just install updated versions and update your B9S installation if needed (hold Select on boot, if it says you have Luma 7.1 follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s and if it says you have Luma 7.0.5 or less follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if it says you have anything higher just download the latest Luma from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace your boot.firm).

Also CIAngel will no longer work, ever (Nintendo fixed the loophole that allowed it to work).
I've got Luma3DS v10.0.1.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The mods that are currently busted on my 3DS include the likes of Boot NTR: NTR CFW Selector (Version 2.9), CIAngel, and FBI. My nephew updated my 3DS so many times by now I don't know where to reset my 3DS to, and now all of these mods aren't working. Luma3DS Updater, Luma3DS, and apparently GodMode9 still work, but these other mods I've mentioned don't. Any advice or word on how to get them back up again?
FBI should be working, but if there's some specific aspect of it that doesn't work, an update should fix it.
I have no idea if BootNTR has been updated to work with the latest FW, but at least BootNTR Selector does not seem to have gotten any updates, so you might have to wait for an update (if one ever happens)
BTW those are homebrew and not mods.

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
FBI should be working, but if there's some specific aspect of it that doesn't work, an update should fix it.
I have no idea if BootNTR has been updated to work with the latest FW, but at least BootNTR Selector does not seem to have gotten any updates, so you might have to wait for an update (if one ever happens)
BTW those are homebrew and not mods.
Boot NTR is on Version 2.9. Is this the latest update or no?

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
FBI is on ver 2.5.3 but it won't update. It says the following:
Failed to check for update.
Result Code: 0xD963F9FE
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: HTTP 502: Bad Gateway (510)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can't use TitleDB anymore. Download it manually
Don't think the built in updater uses TitleDB, but TLSv1.2 support wasn't added until the latest version so it wouldn't work anyway.
FBI is on ver 2.5.3 but it won't update. It says the following:
Failed to check for update.
Result Code: 0xD963F9FE
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: HTTP 502: Bad Gateway (510)
That's because GitHub removed support for older SSL encryption and the 3DS doesn't natively support TLSv1.2 so older versions of FBI and Luma Updater and such are no longer able to update and need to be manually updated by downloading the cia and installing it. https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases

Reactions: Quantumcat

Wryyyong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys. FBI and Boot NTR: NTR CFW Selector are working fine now after the advice you gave me.

EDIT: Wait, I spoke too soon. None of the Fire Emblem Fates modding I've done are working through Boot NTR.

Are they LayeredFS mods? Luma can now natively use LayeredFS mods via game patching, so you don't need to use stuff like SaltySD or OnionFS anymore.

AiP24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. FBI and Boot NTR: NTR CFW Selector are working fine now after the advice you gave me.

EDIT: Wait, I spoke too soon. None of the Fire Emblem Fates modding I've done are working through Boot NTR.
Luma 10.0.0 and beyond don't fully support NTR cfw. You can't use NTR plugins, but you can still game stream. Downgrade to Luma 9.something to continue to use NTR plugins

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please be more specific regarding your Fire Emblem Fates "modding". Considering earlier you used "modding" to mean homebrew, what did you mean for it to mean this time?

If you are having trouble with NTR CFW (That's the BootNTSelector, which hasn't been updated to support beyond 11.8, but that also suggests to me it doesn't need updating to support 11.10), and if Luma3DS 11.10 doesn't support NTR plugins like @AiP24 suggested, and they aren't Action Replay codes, you might be SOL. However, some users had issues with NTR plugins when Luma's plugin ability was enabled. Disabling it on Luma fixed that issue.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please be more specific regarding your Fire Emblem Fates "modding". Considering earlier you used "modding" to mean homebrew, what did you mean for it to mean this time?

If you are having trouble with NTR CFW (That's the BootNTSelector, which hasn't been updated to support beyond 11.8, but that also suggests to me it doesn't need updating to support 11.10), and if Luma3DS 11.10 doesn't support NTR plugins like @AiP24 suggested, and they aren't Action Replay codes, you might be SOL. However, some users had issues with NTR plugins when Luma's plugin ability was enabled. Disabling it on Luma fixed that issue.
There is one version thats been made lately which does allow for usage of NTR CFW which works up to 11.10 and v9.1 luma. They made be able to get around that with using a lower luma version or using the chain loader when ever they want to use cheats and load v9.1 at those times.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one version thats been made lately which does allow for usage of NTR CFW which works up to 11.10 and v9.1 luma. They made be able to get around that with using a lower luma version or using the chain loader when ever they want to use cheats and load v9.1 at those times.

One version of what? And do you have a link to it?

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

My bad. I have a tendency to use "mods" and "modding" as a general term for just about all 3DS modifications, homebrew and everything. This time I'm referring to using NTR CFW to load up mods from the fefatesSE folder on the root of my SD card (though I do need to read up on editing the files again since its been a while the last time I messed around with them).

AiP24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. I have a tendency to use "mods" and "modding" as a general term for just about all 3DS modifications, homebrew and everything. This time I'm referring to using NTR CFW to load up mods from the fefatesSE folder on the root of my SD card (though I do need to read up on editing the files again since its been a while the last time I messed around with them).
Yeah, I would assume that the issue is Luma 10.anything. When you open Fire Emblem, does the screen not flash green during the Nintendo 3DS splash? Also, is the file you use a .plg file? If so, the issue is Luma. Downgrade to 9.anything, and make Luma 10.0.1 an alternate payload (start during boot thing), if 10.0.1 is important to you.

Blue Sun

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would assume that the issue is Luma 10.anything. When you open Fire Emblem, does the screen not flash green during the Nintendo 3DS splash? Also, is the file you use a .plg file? If so, the issue is Luma. Downgrade to 9.anything, and make Luma 10.0.1 an alternate payload (start during boot thing), if 10.0.1 is important to you.
The screen does not flash green when I load up Fire Emblem after going to NTR CFW Selector, and the only .plg file I see showing up is for some title with "00040000001B4000" as the ID (probably Fire Emblem Echoes). I can still downgrade my New Nintendo 3DS if I need to keep Luma 10.0.1? I'm unfamiliar with the downgrading process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i get spam links all the time, even through steam
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get same links from scammers posing as my steam friends
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: get same links from scammers posing as my steam friends