How do I get Youtube for iPad Mini 1st generation?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Safari the only way I can access it?
Apple seems to have a stupidly high IOS version requirement on the app, so yeah you would need to use the browser. There is likely some jailbreak tweak to get the app working, but I no longer have a jailbroken IOS device.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apple seems to have a stupidly high IOS version requirement on the app, so yeah you would need to use the browser. There is likely some jailbreak tweak to get the app working, but I no longer have a jailbroken IOS device.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty Google is responsible for maintaining YouTube's compatibility.
That being said, you might be able to get something through jailbreaking but I don't have anything to test that on.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty Google is responsible for maintaining YouTube's compatibility.
That being said, you might be able to get something through jailbreaking but I don't have anything to test that on.
Jailbreaking your Apple device comes with risks, they are considerably buggy from my experience. I'd go with jailbreaking an Android.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jailbreaking your Apple device comes with risks, they are considerably buggy from my experience. I'd go with jailbreaking an Android.
I had a Jailbroken IOS device for quite awhile. Never had much issue. In fact the most buggy thing at the time was IOS itself.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is Safari the only way I can access it?
I doubt it'd work as I think the main method via jailbreaking is modifying the app store to allow you to download a compatible version with your iOS version and it's going to be too outdated to work anymore.

Apparently some people have had luck using version 10.11456 and changing the plist to a later version, but the only evidence of it I can find is over a year old. Considering YouTube made an effort to break support for older app versions so that vanced would no longer work, I don't think it'd work anymore.

Either using safari or upgrading to a newer device are your only options that I know of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo