Hardware How do I know if I can plug my keyboard and mouse to my monitor and it to the USB - C laptop port?

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi. I have a Lenovo Legion Y5 that has an HDMI port and an USB C port (and from what I read on the Internet, this port is able to connect the laptop to an external monitor) and I also have an Samsung Smart M5 that has 2 HDMI ports (one is ARC, not sure if that helps me) and two USB A ports.

What I wanted to do is to connect my keyboard and mouse to the Samsung Monitor on the USB A ports and connecting one HDMI on the monitor to the USB C port (or the HDMI port if that works too) on the laptop and then to be able to use the keyboard and the mouse on the laptop.

I know that this is possible to do on some monitors, I'm just not sure how to do this on mine and I wouldn't want to spend money on an adapter/cable for it to not work xD

Thanks in advance

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
My USB dock does charge my laptop (see picture, the only thing connected to the laptop is the dock with usb-C), use the correct powersupply (mine is 65W). the hub should have something like "PD-charging".
Ah. There you go. :)

So all issues solved. :) (But now a second power cable goes behind the monitor if you are backmounting the hub.. ;) )

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...